Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#4541 LindsayMichelle

LindsayMichelle
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:31 PM

Hey ladies! Did any of you stay at or plan to stay at a resort after the wedding? We are thinking of staying at the Excellence for a few days. Anyone stay there? Is it right next to DRC?

Appreciate any insight you all have! Thanks! 

#4542 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
    • 224 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:21 AM

Hey Ladies-- I just got an email from Gaby-- I hope it is legit.. but lately I question EVERYTHING... have any of you gotten this??  Heard anything of this??  Thanks!!

Our corporate office would like to film your wedding for a promotional video for the resort marketing our destination weddings and honeymoons. It is a professional film crew and filming will be very discrete. They would like to do it since you are getting your hair done, getting ready, ceremony, cocktails and dinner, will you be ok with this?

We would like to offer you a 3-night return stay for agreeing, please let me know if you agree, so they can start with all the necessary arrangements.

Thank you!!

#4543 Boo

Boo
      • 785 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:13 AM

wow if that is legitimate that would be just great! I would definitly also ask to get a copy of the video! definitly let us know how it goes - keeping my fingers crossed for you.

#4544 lilly129

lilly129
        • 350 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

Hey girl, I just sent you an email...but also...

I drew out a diagram for my table set up in power point.  I had our table at the top of the dance floor and then tables around it.  The dance floor is in the middle of the pool deck and the dj is going to off to the far right (when facing the ocean) which is the skinnier part of the deck.  The bar and food are at the far left over by the trees.  

RDSJCR - that is legit - they had a film crew there when we were there - they asked a group of 16 of us to be extras for a day and offered each couple 3 nights stay.  We declined because we didn't want to give up a day at the resort to do what they needed us to do...however if I were you - I'd absolutely take that deal! that's awesome because it won't disrupt your day at all!

Originally Posted by pbjwed 

lily do you have a site with your pics of set up?  I am digging it..  Did you work with Anita from decocancun???  I am debating having my dance foor on the sand  near the deck or on the deck surrounding the tabels?  I only have 60 people attending so 8 tables plus ours!!??  your thoughts?!!

#4545 1106wedding

1106wedding
          • 317 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

Your set up sounds great...would you mind posting or emailing me a copy of your diagram?

Hey girl, I just sent you an email...but also...

I drew out a diagram for my table set up in power point.  I had our table at the top of the dance floor and then tables around it.  The dance floor is in the middle of the pool deck and the dj is going to off to the far right (when facing the ocean) which is the skinnier part of the deck.  The bar and food are at the far left over by the trees.  

Jessie & Chris 10/22/2011 *51 booked and final*

#4546 pbjwed

pbjwed
            • 389 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:20 AM

Thank u so much for the info. I will check out what u sent!!! As for the set up ill prob go with what u did. Ill have to speak w anita from deco about that. What did u do for the placecards? I was gonna do. Starfish but don't want to chance it if they tk them away from me. As for the other girls that is cool if its legit! That would be fun....... I have a coordinator named maria now but they still aren't answering my questions. That I ask......
              PBJWEDINMEXICO.COM

#4547 pbjwed

pbjwed
              • 389 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

Ash. Excellence is! AMAZING. U should stay there. We are leaving dreams after 7 days and heading to to Secrets maroma. nov 14th and stayin there 6 days! So excited!
                PBJWEDINMEXICO.COM

#4548 Boo

Boo
                • 785 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by pbjwed 

Ash. Excellence is! AMAZING. U should stay there. We are leaving dreams after 7 days and heading to to Secrets maroma. nov 14th and stayin there 6 days! So excited!

We are at Dreams November 13th until the 18th, then 18th moving to Secrets Maroma till the 27th!! How fun you are doing the same thing!

#4549 Princess402

Princess402
                  • 737 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:14 AM

Ladies what time are you getting your hair and makeup done at? My ceremony is at 3pm and I have no idea what time to request an appointment for.

#4550 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
                    • 224 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

Our wedding is at 4... we are getting our hair and makeup done starting at 1 (me and my 4 bridesmaids)-- they assured me that this was enough time.

We are getting married at Dreams and then moving to Secrets Maroma as well!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users