Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#1941 Laura22610

Laura22610
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010
    Laura:
    how long was your ceremony? Did you do the symbolic ceremony? Did you get to meet the person who said the ceremony before the wedding day? Sorry for all the questions! Thanks again!
    My ceremony was about 20 minutes long. It was a symbolic ceremony. We got married legally a week before we left for Mexico. I had my cousin do the ceremony so I didn't use the resort's minister.

#1942 mindylcarter

mindylcarter
    • 80 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Megan24
      I am in the same situation except the people we know just booked at another resort. Now we are in a position were we feel like we have to pay for the pass for them to attend the wedding. What would you girls do pay for there pass or not?

No, I absolutely would feel no obligation to pay their pass. You invited guests to come to your wedding. Transportation, lodging, meals, and incidentals are always at the guest's will. If you were getting married at home, you would not feel responsible to pay for their hotel, parking, and transportation costs. It is no different. We have told our friends and family that we are getting married on vacation, and would love it if they choose to vacation with us. We have no responsibility to pay for any part of their costs, after all, it is their vacation, their decision whether to come or not, how long to stay, and what they will enjoy while they are there

#1943 Megan24

Megan24
      • 271 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:54 PM

Thanks ladies I really did not think we needed to pay for their day pass. It sucks now I have a 12 room I have under contract and no one else wants to go. They could have been staying in that room and it would have all worked out.

Oh and I have offered to pay for my two other bridesmaids resort cost if they get their flight. They agreed and now they cant not offered a plane ticket. So I only have my maid of honor.

I am so freaking stressed out. Now I have room that I have to pay for that no one is staying in. What kind of friends do that someone. Oh yeah they both told me threw text that they could not come.

#1944 reaganlane

reaganlane
        • 180 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:12 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Laura22610
          I finally got my review written...hope it helps everyone!! :)
          http://bestdestinati....-review-56703/

Oh and something else I wanted to let everyone know...I put insulated travel mugs in my OOT bags. Nobody used them...the drinks at the resort come in nice big glasses so there wasn't really a need for them. They took up a lot of room in the suitcase to get them there and probably, if I had to do it all over, I might not have gotten them. Everyone really liked them though and I've seen them being used since we got home.
          Girl, you did an amazing review and totally put my heart at ease! I can not wait for my wedding and I can not wait to see your pics. I just send Claudia my deposit! :) Thank you for all the info and passing it along. Enjoy being married!!!!

#1945 saymyname74

saymyname74
          • 86 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:11 AM

Did anyone buy a sand ceremony kit?

#1946 Laura22610

Laura22610
            • 468 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

Quote:
              I am in the same situation except the people we know just booked at another resort. Now we are in a position were we feel like we have to pay for the pass for them to attend the wedding. What would you girls do pay for there pass or not?

I wouldn't pay for their pass! If they chose to go to another resort, that was totally up to them and not your responsibility. I think they will be disappointed though when they see Dreams and how beautiful it is! What resort did they book at?

#1947 Princess402

Princess402
              • 737 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

Quote:
                Thanks ladies I really did not think we needed to pay for their day pass. It sucks now I have a 12 room I have under contract and no one else wants to go. They could have been staying in that room and it would have all worked out.

Oh and I have offered to pay for my two other bridesmaids resort cost if they get their flight. They agreed and now they cant not offered a plane ticket. So I only have my maid of honor.

I am so freaking stressed out. Now I have room that I have to pay for that no one is staying in. What kind of friends do that someone. Oh yeah they both told me threw text that they could not come.
                That's terrible Megan!!! I can only imagine how upsetting that is. I'm having a bit of trouble with my BM situation but not this bad. I'm so sorry that's happening to you
                And I CANNOT believe that they wouldn't come when the room is paid for! I don't even know you really and I want to come, lol!

#1948 t1219

t1219
                • 310 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:30 AM

Laura thank you sooooo much for posting the review! It has been very helpful:) Can't wait to see your pictures!

#1949 Megan24

Megan24
                  • 271 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

Angela you are so sweet. It will all work out. I put the last payment in last night to the travel agent. And it killed me. I cant believe I am still paying for the 12 th room and no one wants it. WTF??

The one good thing about it all at least in contract I do have every 6 th room free so in the end I guess I can think that was my free room.

#1950 saymyname74

saymyname74
                    • 86 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:03 PM

After they take your pictures do they give you the pictures or are they on a disc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users