Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#1931 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Laura22610
    It did not cost me any extra to have the sashes put on the chairs. I am not sure about the second question...I had enough sashes for both. I think, though, that there would be enough time for them to re-use them for the reception. They would have at least an hour if you are having a cocktail hour. We had about 2 hours (maybe a little less) between the ceremony and reception.
    I'll probably just bring enough for both then, and that's fantastic that she didn't charge you extra to put them on the chairs - I hope she sticks with that!

#1932 AlisonJimmy

AlisonJimmy
    • 198 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

HI ladies...I am having a DJ for my reception. But do I have to rent speakers for the music at the ceremony. I am not sure how this works.

#1933 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
      • 355 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by AlisonJimmy
        HI ladies...I am having a DJ for my reception. But do I have to rent speakers for the music at the ceremony. I am not sure how this works.
        Yes, I think you have to rent the speakers for your ceremony if you want to have them.

#1934 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
        • 294 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by roxmysockz
          Hi Mindy - We have the same issue!

Ana sent these prices to me

The day pass is as follow:

Half day $ 55 USD per person

Full day $ 110 USD per person

However no definition of what a half day or a full day is
          My TA told me it was $85 full day 9am to 10pm
          http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

#1935 mindylcarter

mindylcarter
          • 80 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by cathyandchin
            My TA told me it was $85 full day 9am to 10pm
            Thank you for this information. I am hopefull that at either cost, they will decide it's not worth it and just stay at DRC!

#1936 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
            • 294 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:14 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mindylcarter
              Thank you for this information. I am hopefull that at either cost, they will decide it's not worth it and just stay at DRC!
              The cost of the pass plus the hassle of transportation?? ugh! And my TA said you have to go thru a security checkpoint when you check in and out of the resort!
              Soooooooo not worth it but some people will do anything to save $$
              http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

#1937 wisconsinbride2010

wisconsinbride2010
              • 98 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

Laura:
                how long was your ceremony? Did you do the symbolic ceremony? Did you get to meet the person who said the ceremony before the wedding day? Sorry for all the questions! Thanks again!

#1938 Megan24

Megan24
                • 271 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mindylcarter
                  I am in the same situation except the people we know just booked at another resort. Now we are in a position were we feel like we have to pay for the pass for them to attend the wedding. What would you girls do pay for there pass or not?

#1939 Princess402

Princess402
                  • 737 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Megan24
                    I am in the same situation except the people we know just booked at another resort. Now we are in a position were we feel like we have to pay for the pass for them to attend the wedding. What would you girls do pay for there pass or not?

That sucks. Personally I would not pay for their pass. They made the choice to stay at a different resort so I don't really think it's fair if you have to pay for them to come in. They may not have known about the whole day pass thing when they booked but at the very least they should have asked!!!

On another note, these photos of a recent wedding were posted on the FB fan page:
                    Black Dog Studios | Kate & Nick Destination Wedding
                    Just thought I'd share in case anyone hasn't seen them. I think they are fab - enjoy!

#1940 AlisonJimmy

AlisonJimmy
                    • 198 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

I am not sure if I should purchase chair bows and table overlays and bring them down. What are all of you doing and what size overlays would we have to get. I have no clue what colors the resort offers and I would definitely want to see them first. So confusing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users