Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#1821 courtney7865

courtney7865
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Megan24
    I know I have asked this before but we are getting more brides booked and closer to the wedding. Just wondering if any of the girls that do not have a lot of guest picking to have a reception at one of the restaurants?

How is this process being handled with Ana do you just wait to see what place is open and try to get sitted with your group? Is there a limit of people? I know there is a extra charge but never really got any straight answers from Ana. My guest list is going down and I hate to spend so much money at all inclusive resort for just 20 guest. If we could all sit together and eat then go to the sports lounge afterwards.

Another question sorry about will the lounge be open on the weekends and for how long?

Sorry so many questions if you have had a site visit and know any of these answers please let me know Thanks....
    Hi Megan, I debated going with the free package and having dinner at one of the restaurants, but when I asked Ana if this would be possible, she told me that there was nothing she could do to guarantee that my guests would be able to get into a restaurant right after the ceremony and even if we did there was no guarantee that we would be able to sit together and we would have to have the ceremony with no concrete plans and just hope for the best. That was disappointing, b/c we have a fairly small group. I ended up going with the ultimate package to ensure everyone traveling for the wedding could eat together.

#1822 Megan24

Megan24
    • 271 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by courtney7865
      Hi Megan, I debated going with the free package and having dinner at one of the restaurants, but when I asked Ana if this would be possible, she told me that there was nothing she could do to guarantee that my guests would be able to get into a restaurant right after the ceremony and even if we did there was no guarantee that we would be able to sit together and we would have to have the ceremony with no concrete plans and just hope for the best. That was disappointing, b/c we have a fairly small group. I ended up going with the ultimate package to ensure everyone traveling for the wedding could eat together.
      Thanks I kind of had a feeling that was what is was going to be like. I wish I could just go to the restaurant and not have to pay for the reception oh well. I guess you have to do what you got to do.

Thanks for you response.

#1823 rscherle

rscherle
      • 19 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

Hey ladies- To anyone who faxed their deposit to hold their date- how long did it take for it to be posted to your account? Upon faxing, I did get a conformation, but the funds have not yet been taken from my bank. Did you get a heads up from Ana that they in fact received it? If so, what can I expect to happen next? Contracts? Menu options? Thx for the help and happy planning!

#1824 saymyname74

saymyname74
        • 86 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by rscherle
          Hey ladies- To anyone who faxed their deposit to hold their date- how long did it take for it to be posted to your account? Upon faxing, I did get a conformation, but the funds have not yet been taken from my bank. Did you get a heads up from Ana that they in fact received it? If so, what can I expect to happen next? Contracts? Menu options? Thx for the help and happy planning!
          After I faxed my paperwork it took a week to get a confirmation that she received it. Which is annoying. Then it was about two weeks before the funds were withdrawn.

#1825 Princess402

Princess402
          • 737 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by allegraapple
            Hey Angela,
            Are you doing a videographer also, or just the photographer? We haven't finalized anything yet. We might have a family friend do our photos - but we're thinking we might want a video also. Our weddings are 4 days apart, so maybe there will be some things we can share....
            -Allegra
            I haven't totally decided about a videographer. I have the photographer I want and that was the most important thing to me! Plus we have friends with videocameras etc, so that would be fine for me in terms of video. But we are probably getting a package which includes photos and video. Honestly I would love to just trade both in for something else, but I doubt Ana would go for it. So if we do a package we might end up with a longer video since we don't need the photog (I have heard she will do this). The video would be nice, just not totally necessary imo. Have to decide if we are doing a package or not... I don't think it's something I would spring for if it's not included.

As for sharing, hello, check out my signature, I would love to share!!! Currently I have Michael booked to come with us for a week (Dec.4-11), but that is totally flexible. I LOVE him, I LOVE his work, and he's going to be WAY cheaper than booking any of the Mexico photogs I was interested in (i.e. Elizabeth Medina, Claudia Rodriguez, Del Sol) even including travel costs! Here's the link to his website and blog: Vancouver Wedding Photographer | Michael Wachniak

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions or thoughts on this.
            Maybe there's other stuff we could share too!

#1826 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
            • 224 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:39 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Princess402
              I haven't totally decided about a videographer. I have the photographer I want and that was the most important thing to me! Plus we have friends with videocameras etc, so that would be fine for me in terms of video. But we are probably getting a package which includes photos and video. Honestly I would love to just trade both in for something else, but I doubt Ana would go for it. So if we do a package we might end up with a longer video since we don't need the photog (I have heard she will do this). The video would be nice, just not totally necessary imo. Have to decide if we are doing a package or not... I don't think it's something I would spring for if it's not included.

As for sharing, hello, check out my signature, I would love to share!!! Currently I have Michael booked to come with us for a week (Dec.4-11), but that is totally flexible. I LOVE him, I LOVE his work, and he's going to be WAY cheaper than booking any of the Mexico photogs I was interested in (i.e. Elizabeth Medina, Claudia Rodriguez, Del Sol) even including travel costs! Here's the link to his website and blog: Vancouver Wedding Photographer | Michael Wachniak

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions or thoughts on this.
              Maybe there's other stuff we could share too!
              I have gone back and forth with Ana for a month or so ... telling her that I hear she will sub out video for photos and so forth and she insists that she cannot and will not and has not told anyone that she will... I told her that I heard on here that she has done for people and she basically told me that the girls are either misunderstanding her or lying. She says b/c the resort directly works with a company -- that Dreams has no control over it.

See- I am bringing my own photographer and wanted to do the Ultimate Pkg and sub more video for the photos-- or do the other pkg and do video instead of photo and she says NO.

UGH!!

Anyone else heard different? Have document to prove it? I am tired of us all being told different things.

#1827 Princess402

Princess402
              • 737 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by rdsjcr
                I have gone back and forth with Ana for a month or so ... telling her that I hear she will sub out video for photos and so forth and she insists that she cannot and will not and has not told anyone that she will... I told her that I heard on here that she has done for people and she basically told me that the girls are either misunderstanding her or lying. She says b/c the resort directly works with a company -- that Dreams has no control over it.

See- I am bringing my own photographer and wanted to do the Ultimate Pkg and sub more video for the photos-- or do the other pkg and do video instead of photo and she says NO.

UGH!!

Anyone else heard different? Have document to prove it? I am tired of us all being told different things.
                That does suck!

Unfortunately I was basing what I said on what one or two other girls had said on here... can't remember who, but I'm sure if I went back on the thread I could find it. Hopefully somebody can chime in that actually did have this agreement with Ana!

#1828 jfazzina

jfazzina
                • 52 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by allegraapple
                  Hey Angela,
                  Are you doing a videographer also, or just the photographer? We haven't finalized anything yet. We might have a family friend do our photos - but we're thinking we might want a video also. Our weddings are 4 days apart, so maybe there will be some things we can share....
                  -Allegra
                  Princess,
                  I have looked at all the suites.. Here is a link to see pics from our visit... Hope this helps!

Snapfish: Share:Registration

We are actually staying from Sun-Sun and getting the MasterSuite then heading to Secrets Maroma for 6 nights for our honeymoon! (Master is on 2nd floor and has an incredible window and view and our friends are getting the Gov. which is is on the 1st floor and has an amzing plunge pool and deck with jacuzzi (gov is more expensive) not sure what rate your TA got u..... we are using their room the day of the wedding to walk directly to the beach wedding... make sure you request that side of the hotel when yoo book your room... Its a nice touch.................... hope this helps

#1829 jfazzina

jfazzina
                  • 52 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

I was thinking of using a canvas bag for my welcome bags (they can use this as a beach bag at the wedding) then take it home and use for grocery shopping??

Small Thunder Two-Tone Shopper Tote Bag Promotional Custom Imprinted With Logo

#1830 jfazzina

jfazzina
                    • 52 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

Large Beach Tote Bag Promotional Custom Imprinted With Logo

Heavy Cotton Canvas Tote Bag Promotional Custom Imprinted With Logo

Rope Tote Promotional Custom Imprinted With Logo

MORE TOTES....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users