Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#1811 jfazzina

jfazzina
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:34 PM

what is everyone doing for invitations?

#1812 Megan24

Megan24
    • 271 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:40 PM

I know I have asked this before but we are getting more brides booked and closer to the wedding. Just wondering if any of the girls that do not have a lot of guest picking to have a reception at one of the restaurants?

How is this process being handled with Ana do you just wait to see what place is open and try to get sitted with your group? Is there a limit of people? I know there is a extra charge but never really got any straight answers from Ana. My guest list is going down and I hate to spend so much money at all inclusive resort for just 20 guest. If we could all sit together and eat then go to the sports lounge afterwards.

Another question sorry about will the lounge be open on the weekends and for how long?

Sorry so many questions if you have had a site visit and know any of these answers please let me know Thanks....

#1813 m&d2011

m&d2011
      • 379 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:09 AM

I emailed dreams 3 times already and have yet received any answers....i really want to decide on my resort and reserve my date for 2011 and get things going!!! So frustrating!!!

#1814 mindylcarter

mindylcarter
        • 80 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:15 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Megan24
          My guest list is going down and I hate to spend so much money at all inclusive resort for just 20 guest. If we could all sit together and eat then go to the sports lounge afterwards...
          I am also curious how this is pulled off. We are not having a formal reception, and will have about 20-24 guests, close friends and family. We are planning to try to get semi-private seating at one of the restaurants. I would love to hear from others who went this route and how they liked it.

#1815 allegraapple

allegraapple
          • Site Supporter
          • 108 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:28 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by t1219
            NormaJeane, Thanks for this post! I was looking for something like this:)
            What are cello bags??

#1816 allegraapple

allegraapple
            • Site Supporter
            • 108 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:36 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Princess402
              My fiance and I are still totally debating what type of room to get!!!

At first we definitely wanted a room with a plunge pool, but now we have heard reviews that the plunge pools are not heated and therefore are too cold to use and a waste of money outside of the summer months! Not sure if I believe this entirely though since I have heard that one of the buildings does get sun on the plunge pools and they are ok? (Any of you girls that did site visits, please feel free to comment)

So now we are thinking about just an oceanview or oceanfront suite.

I also love the idea of the Master Suite or Governor Suite so that everyone would have room to get ready, but it is quite a bit of money to upgrade this much obviously. Plus for us, it's not much more for the Governor than it is for the Master (relatively speaking) so even if we did decide on a suite we're not sure which one of these would be best!

Ugh, I don't know!!! The good news is that all the rooms do look amazing :)
              Hey Angela,
              Are you doing a videographer also, or just the photographer? We haven't finalized anything yet. We might have a family friend do our photos - but we're thinking we might want a video also. Our weddings are 4 days apart, so maybe there will be some things we can share....
              -Allegra

#1817 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
              • 224 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:13 AM

I looked over the price list... but don't understand how much the videographer is. Do any of you know? The have packages... but we are bringing our own photographer.... anyone know how much it would cost to hire someone to video?

#1818 courtney7865

courtney7865
                • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:48 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Megan24
                  I know I have asked this before but we are getting more brides booked and closer to the wedding. Just wondering if any of the girls that do not have a lot of guest picking to have a reception at one of the restaurants?

How is this process being handled with Ana do you just wait to see what place is open and try to get sitted with your group? Is there a limit of people? I know there is a extra charge but never really got any straight answers from Ana. My guest list is going down and I hate to spend so much money at all inclusive resort for just 20 guest. If we could all sit together and eat then go to the sports lounge afterwards.

Another question sorry about will the lounge be open on the weekends and for how long?

Sorry so many questions if you have had a site visit and know any of these answers please let me know Thanks....
                  Hi Megan, I'm just a few weeks away from my wedding date (Apr. 24th)... I debated going with the free package and having dinner at one of the restaurants, but when I asked Ana, she told me that there was nothing she could do to guarantee that my guests would be able to get into a restaurant right after the ceremony and even if we did there was no guarantee that we would be able to sit together. I ended up going with the ultimate package to ensure everyone traveling for the wedding could eat together.

#1819 t1219

t1219
                  • 310 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:50 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by allegraapple
                    What are cello bags??
                    Wedding Gift Bags, Wedding Favor Bags, Personalized Gift Bags

#1820 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
                    • 355 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by saymyname74
                      Does anyone know where I can find a picture of the beach setup?
                      If you go back through past pages there are a couple of links to wedding that have taken place on the beach :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users