Jump to content

Photo

October 2010 Brides?


  • Please log in to reply
582 replies to this topic

#361 chong

chong
  • Jr. Member
  • 360 posts

    Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wendyjd
    Chong, the prices on ebay were great, close to half of retail... of course make sure to use a reputable seller. here is a pic of my "real" ring... the one I'm using for the ceremony, not the one I plan to wear to work/around the house... I ordered the fingerprint ring from etsy.com, a great website I found out about thru bdw.

    Click the image to open in full size.

    Click the image to open in full size.
    Oh wow! I LOVE your band. That is gorgeous!!! I bought mine already and it's pretty simple with small diamonds all around - not like the HUGE diamonds like yours. I wish I knew about it before GORGEOUS!!!

    #362 mexico102

    mexico102
    • Jr. Member
    • 300 posts

      Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

      Welcome to the thread new October brides! OMG so much more to do! FI has been awesome though.....working on projects in the evening when I'm at work ie:cd labels, keycard holders etc. The other night I came home and there was a big sign on the computer room door (spare bedroom with computer, really) with our wedding monogram and in big bold letters "Mission Control" (in my colors) under the monogram. I laughed so hard but I also think it was a little message......"chill out" maybe? I'm leaving it there to remind myself that this ISN'T a NASA mission and I'm not the Commander!! LOL somedays I just have to laugh at myself.....what will we do when this is over.
      I did get my embroidered towels that I ordered from cotton-fruit. They look awesome! Very happy with them. Payed for the better quality towel and a little extra to increase the size of the embroidery but I love them. Will post them when I figure out how.
       

       


      #363 knacarato

      knacarato
      • Newbie
      • 72 posts

        Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:31 PM

        Hey everybody- sounds like everyone's planning is coming along. Wow = can't believe October is not too far off. Definitely getting excited. Went dress shopping today to try and see if I could fall in love with something other than the dress I tried on at David's Bridal (#2). Anyway- I'm perplexed as to what dress I should get. We're getting married on the beach. I love dress #2 (with sash) but it is really expensive(500.00) (for our wedding budget) and I would want some major alterations done. Dress #1 is a steal of a deal. It's 50% off resulting in a price of 199.00. It's pretty and I like it and all but I'm worried about the type of fabric it is not doing well during our TTD session. What do you guys think??

        CIMG0433.jpg picture by knacarato - Photobucket

        #364 wendyjd

        wendyjd
        • Member
        • 968 posts

          Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:10 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by knacarato
          Hey everybody- sounds like everyone's planning is coming along. Wow = can't believe October is not too far off. Definitely getting excited. Went dress shopping today to try and see if I could fall in love with something other than the dress I tried on at David's Bridal (#2). Anyway- I'm perplexed as to what dress I should get. We're getting married on the beach. I love dress #2 (with sash) but it is really expensive(500.00) (for our wedding budget) and I would want some major alterations done. Dress #1 is a steal of a deal. It's 50% off resulting in a price of 199.00. It's pretty and I like it and all but I'm worried about the type of fabric it is not doing well during our TTD session. What do you guys think??

          CIMG0433.jpg picture by knacarato - Photobucket
          I like both dresses, similar shape/feel. If you love the one with the sash, add a sash to the DB one. What kind of fabric is it? Do you have plans to wear the dress again, if not, don't worry about what the water does to it. As long as it doesn't fall apart in the water, you're good (that's my plan with my ttd dress).

          #365 knacarato

          knacarato
          • Newbie
          • 72 posts

            Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Bride Loving CJ
            Hello fellow 10-10-10 bride!! Your wedding sounds super exciting, congrats!!

            I am no where near done with planning but I only have a few major things on the list. Passports got done this past week so all that's left is my dress and purchasing the bands. Everything else is minor. Best Wishes!
            You are much further along than I am! Its a good thing I'm on this forum- you guys are helping me to get on the ball. I guess I should send those passports in, eh? :) CJ we'd love to see your dress once you pick it out. I love seeing everyones selections. Happy dress shopping.

            #366 knacarato

            knacarato
            • Newbie
            • 72 posts

              Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by wendyjd
              I like both dresses, similar shape/feel. If you love the one with the sash, add a sash to the DB one. What kind of fabric is it? Do you have plans to wear the dress again, if not, don't worry about what the water does to it. As long as it doesn't fall apart in the water, you're good (that's my plan with my ttd dress).
              The dress that is 199.00 is taffeta which I have heard acts like a parachute in the water. We most definitely are doing TTD photos!!! I don't care if I trash the dress- I just want it to hold up in the water and look good. I don't want to look like a marshmallow. :) Has anyone had or heard about brides wearing a taffeta dress for TTD? I'm kind of concerned. Anyway I'm going back tomorrow to look at it again and take pictures- I have to make sure before I get it. I think I am the most type-A person ever. Its a good thing we're doing a destination wedding so I have less things to be in control of and micro manage to a tee.

              #367 chong

              chong
              • Jr. Member
              • 360 posts

                Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:27 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by mexico102
                Welcome to the thread new October brides! OMG so much more to do! FI has been awesome though.....working on projects in the evening when I'm at work ie:cd labels, keycard holders etc. The other night I came home and there was a big sign on the computer room door (spare bedroom with computer, really) with our wedding monogram and in big bold letters "Mission Control" (in my colors) under the monogram. I laughed so hard but I also think it was a little message......"chill out" maybe? I'm leaving it there to remind myself that this ISN'T a NASA mission and I'm not the Commander!! LOL somedays I just have to laugh at myself.....what will we do when this is over.
                I did get my embroidered towels that I ordered from cotton-fruit. They look awesome! Very happy with them. Payed for the better quality towel and a little extra to increase the size of the embroidery but I love them. Will post them when I figure out how.
                Haha. No worries... I think we all are little bit of control freak as the date gets closer.

                I also ordered embroidered towels from cotton-fruit! I LOVE my towels. I folded and put a big bow around it. It's so cute! I would love to see your towels!!!

                Click the image to open in full size.

                #368 chong

                chong
                • Jr. Member
                • 360 posts

                  Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:34 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by knacarato
                  The dress that is 199.00 is taffeta which I have heard acts like a parachute in the water. We most definitely are doing TTD photos!!! I don't care if I trash the dress- I just want it to hold up in the water and look good. I don't want to look like a marshmallow. :) Has anyone had or heard about brides wearing a taffeta dress for TTD? I'm kind of concerned. Anyway I'm going back tomorrow to look at it again and take pictures- I have to make sure before I get it. I think I am the most type-A person ever. Its a good thing we're doing a destination wedding so I have less things to be in control of and micro manage to a tee.
                  Are you looking for a dress to wear on the wedding day and for TTD?
                  I do love the 2nd dress but you can always add the sash (that's why I love it..) to your 1st dress. I know nothing about the material so hope you find the right dress for you!

                  #369 mexico102

                  mexico102
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 300 posts

                    Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:23 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by chong
                    Haha. No worries... I think we all are little bit of control freak as the date gets closer.

                    I also ordered embroidered towels from cotton-fruit! I LOVE my towels. I folded and put a big bow around it. It's so cute! I would love to see your towels!!!

                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    I would love to post them but I'm not that computer savy! Today the forum is going down for the upgrade, I think I read there will be a picture feature. I figure it out when it back up. I love your little chili pepper. We used our monogram.
                     

                     


                    #370 wendyjd

                    wendyjd
                    • Member
                    • 968 posts

                      Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

                      Chong, love the towels.  they look amazing. 

                       

                      knacarato --mission control, thats great.  our spare bedroom is full of bags/boxes everything for the wedding... hope no one plans to stay with us before then!!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users