Photo

Poop Deck Restaurant - Nassau

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 cruisebride0410

cruisebride0410
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:35 AM

I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of the Poop Deck Restaurant in Nassau. I have decided to have my wedding there (although I still am dealing with the idea of having the word poop on a wedding invitation). The pictures online of the beach and restaurant look beautiful, so I figured that is more important than the name, right?
    Anyway, has anyone visited this place in Nassau before? Or are any other brides saying “I Do” here?

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:22 AM

Oh jeez. I don't know if I could do that, it's not like it's something funny you could embrace and use on your invitations and monograms and stuff like that (like a starfish, seashell, flower, etc.)

Oh but good news! I just googled it and when they have weddings there it looks like they call it "SandyPort on the Beach" - The Poop Deck SandyPort-Bahamas Weddings on the Beach

#3 Savvy22

Savvy22
      • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:49 AM

I have been there! About three years ago while on vacation we went to lunch and dinner there and the food was wonderful. unless things have taken a bad change you will not be unhappy with your choice!

Savannah

#4 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
        • 168 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

my cousin had her reception there last june. i will see if i can find the pics. i have to agree - i was like "what??" why would you have anything with the word poop in it associated with your wedding - but it was awesome! i liked that is was not HUGE. we actually had the reception at a few tables on the "patio / deck area. There was a little area for the dj and dancing and i think just some shrubbery that separated everyone from the beach.
          "Formerly goNDmay9"
          "so long and thanks for all the fish!"
          http://davf.daisypath.com/rkbnm5.png

#5 mrsrhbtobe

mrsrhbtobe
          • 387 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:04 PM

I was there a few years ago also for a fabulous meal. Unless the ownership has taken a big downturn, your food will be amazing! I don't remember much about the decor, except that it was open air and right by the water. It will definitely be romantic:) I was LOL'ing about you putting "Poop" on your invites...keep us posted!
            Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#6 cruisebride0410

cruisebride0410
            • 178 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

I like the idea of calling it Sandyport on the Beach ... that sounds a lot better than Poop Deck. I'm also glad to hear the food is great. The place is right on the beach, so I'm sure the atmosphere will be wonderful! I am also having my reception in the area goNDmay9 is describing. I would love to see pics if you have any luck finding them!

#7 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
              • 168 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:54 PM

let's see if this link works. there are a ton of pics (please try to look past the happy pics of myself and the family who are quite "enhanced" at the time). this is my cousin's reception June 07, 2008.

http://www1.snapfish....=SYE/otsi=SALB
                "Formerly goNDmay9"
                "so long and thanks for all the fish!"
                http://davf.daisypath.com/rkbnm5.png

#8 blaqfyah

blaqfyah
                • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:57 AM

Hello,

I also am about 85% sure that I will be having my wedding at the Poopdeck. Who was your wedding corrdinator? How were they. Any issues?

#9 classadiva

classadiva
                  • 685 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:19 PM

I love the food at the Poop-deck...just wondering if anyone had their welcome reception/rehearsal dinner there?

#10 cruisebride0410

cruisebride0410
                    • 178 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for sharing the pictures - the patio looks perfect for a reception! I love the bright color of the restaurant and the sea oats and ocean behind! I am super excited for my wedding there now!
                      My wedding coordinators are with Weddings In the Bahamas. I really like working with them - they are very prompt in answering any of my questions and their prices are very reasonable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users