Cheat Your Way Thin diet ~ **guide available to download in post #45**

~*Lisa*~

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemkulaf View Post
It must be something in the air, cause I have gotten lazy too. I use to go to the gym 3 times a week, but now I am lucky if I get there once a week.
I call it the holiday stress factor. We're all so preoccupied with Christmas and stuff that we get busy and forget to take proper care of ourselves...this happens to me EVERY year around this time. sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Lisa*~ View Post
so what can we do to fix this ladies?!!? Any suggestions because I really need some help!!!!
I wish I had some Lisa but I am struggling! cry.gif I guess you just have to keep telling yourself that no matter what that you will eat healthily (is that a word? lol) and you will go to the gym. I'm going to be trying this too. What helped me in the past was taking pictures of my progress each month. Looking back at them helped keep me on track after seeing how far I'd come from the beginning. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemkulaf View Post
Thanks Lisa, I wonder if I should start this after the holidays. My wedding is in July 2010, so wondering if I should start in January. Cause Thanksgiving and Christmas are the best holidays to eat.

How much weight do you need to lose? at an average of 1-2 pounds per week, if you start in January, will you have enough time to reach your goal? If so start in January but maybe be mindful until then. I can tell you from experience that there's nothing worse than packing on 10 extra pounds (for example) between now and the official "start date" -- it puts you that much farther behind your goal.. (believe me I have made every excuse in the book to rationalize things and in the end, it's more of a de-motivator... I get depressed because I think how much father behind I have made myself.... )

The great thing about this diet is you can move your cheat days around to accomodate holidays... and even if you cheat on a few more days than you are supposed to, I bet overall you can lose a good 10 pounds before Jan 1. So think about what's better -- starting the new year with 10 extra pounds (hypothetical of course) or starting it already having lost 10?

Keep us posted of your progress regardless of what you choose. You can do this diet -- the first 3 weeks are quite rough, but the reward is significant... you can drop 10 pounds or more in the first 3 weeks alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Lisa*~ View Post
so what can we do to fix this ladies?!!? Any suggestions because I really need some help!!!!
Well, for me, I try to weigh (no pun intended..lol) the pros and cons. Sure this ice cream might be good now, but I try to fast forward myself to my wedding day, when I think of how much better I would look/feel if I hadn't cheated. I also really focus on my cheat days. It's kind of a running joke at work - whenever I see someone eating something yummy (onion rings, sweet potato fries, quesadillas, chinese food, etc) I emphatically pronounce , "I'm having that on Saturday!" Of course by the end of the week I have likely said that about 20+ items that there's no way i could eat in one day.. so we all laugh and find it humorous. But in all seriousness, concentrate on the cheat day. That ice cream / pizza / chicken fingers/ whatever will still be around on Saturday. If you still want it, you can eat it. I've never been on a diet like this -- usually it's 100% restrictive, which I always fail at. Consider it 'delayed gratification' so to speak :)

Keep up all the good work.. it's SO easy to gain weight and SO difficult to lose it and you've done so well. I'm your biggest fan :) without you I probably would have never started this diet so I thank you SO much for posting it, and being a "cheerleader" to us all on our way to our goals..

Please PM me if you ever need motivation/support :)
(you too Kathy!! You have done so well too!)

*hugs*

-Katie

This diet sounds very intriguing......and you ladies are SO supportive of each other! My wedding is in August, and I'm hoping to drop a significant amount of weight by then. It's so hard, but I recently had jaw surgery, so I've had a good kickstart not being able to eat for the first 3 weeks......lol

Thanks so much for the kind words Katie - it's really nice to hear! :) We've all been so supportive with each other and I seriously couldn't have done this without all of you! smile03.gif

Back on track this week, for real now! lol (how many times have I said this?) Actually, I have no choice because I want to lose a few more before going, so this is IT!! Wish me luck ladies! :)

Hey girls!

I want to lose 25 pounds for my May wedding. I am down 5 so far by going to bed every night a little hungry. So, I am looking for something that will help me get a move on the other 20 #s!

Thanks for sending me the info. I read a little of it at work today, then will do the rest at home tonight. I am going to start on Sunday with my cheat day.

I usually do not like snacks - I like 3 squares a day - so I am going to modify like this:

Breakfast - eat 1/2 of what I make

Snack 1 - finish breakfast

Lunch - eat 1/2 of what I make

Snack 2 - finish lunch

Dinner

Protein shake

I also ordered 5-HGT which is a natural supplement that increases serotonin and helps you feel satisfied faster. Its also good for depression and anxiety, so I think it'll help me feel better about dieting!

Good luck girls! And remember - that happiness looks best in wedding photos. So remain positive and know you get to marry your soul mate!