Cheat Your Way Thin diet ~ **guide available to download in post #45**

~*Lisa*~

Lisa - I'm not sure, maybe we should ask a Mod?!?

Anyway, I only have a few things to say right now because I'm at work and apparently should be working! lol

So, I completely thought that the first week would be really hard but I am excited to report that it wasn't as bad as I thought. I do feel alot better, which is always a bonus AND I've managed to lose 5.3 lbs! YEAH!!!!!!!!!! cheesy.gif (The FI also lost about 5lbs). I had my first low GI/GL day yesterday and was happy to actually eat some fruit and other things, it was so nice.

I also wanted to mention that I know that I have a bunch of PM's to answer and I promise that I'll get to the later in the day.

Girls, this isn't really that hard trust me. If I can do it, so can you!! cheesy.gif

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I so love fruit so it was really hard not to have some this past week!

SO, I do have another problem. Protein Shakes. So I told Lisa (on another thread) that the protein shakes didn't taste like ass. WELL, was I wrong because I had bought meal replacements! lol Those are pretty tasty, let me tell you. So all week last week, that's what I was drinking and the FI was actually drinking the real protein shake thing. I picked up another flavour (for the cottage) and tried it on the weekend. Well, I almost barfed!!!! The smell killed me so I decided to skip that part until I got home and tried the one we had there. AGAIN, almost barfing! So apparently I don't do the protein shake thing!! lol Is there an alternative to it? My mom thought that a glass of milk would be ok. Are all of you drinking the protein shakes?!?

I do have another question....it does not mention anywhere in the diet about drinks. It talks about not having too much alcohol on cheat days, but it doesn't even talk about drinking water or anything else. I'm a water girl anyway, but I would like to drink something else once in awhile. I had a diet pop on the weekend because it contained 0 calories, carbs, and all that jazz. I'm just not sure if I'm supposed to. Anyway, what are you ladies drinking besides water?

Lisa, thank you for sending the info! The FI and I are going to do it together--- starting on Saturday. I'll put a ticker up and inform everyone about my progress... I'm also curious about the diet soda thing. I am pretty much addicted to diet coke, but if I have to give it up.....

hmmm he doesn't really mention beverages. although it goes without saying that no sugary drinks are allowed (except on cheat day), and i do know that on other diets, 8 oz of fruit juice counts as a serving of fruit.

as for the diet drinks, on other carb-restricted diets i know that drinks containing aspertame (nutrisweet) were not recommended. something about that particular artificial sweetener could trigger carb cravings, and stalls some people's weight loss (plus it's *really* not good for you). if you can find soda/pop/whateverucallit made with splenda, it's a better choice. atkins suggests you cut out all caffeine as well (hardest thing ever for me): "Excessive caffeine has been shown to cause a hypoglycemic reaction, which will provoke cravings and cause you to overeat." and also because caffeine is a diuretic, it thus negates all the extra-water-drinking you should be doing. on any diet you should be drinking tons of water but there was some specific scientific reason to up your water intake if you are eating low-carb that i now forget.

long story short: diet, caffeine-free beverages made with splenda are probably ok, lol!

lol thanks for all the info Lisa! cheesy.gif

Luckily I don't do coffee, so that's an easy one for me. I always drink lots of water, but I was just looking for something different. I totally forgot that I'll have those cheat days (in another 15 days - yikes!!!) so I'll just drink my Pepsi then! lol