Photo

Hair flowers

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#81 Kristy28

Kristy28
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

Thank you everyone for all the links. I too was also wondering how they travel?
    Wedding booked for December 12, 2012 at the RIU Ocho Rio....cannot wait.....it will be the best day of our lives

#82 brittmcfarlin

brittmcfarlin
    • 164 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

On my way to check out Etsy...thanks;)

#83 Avens

Avens
      • 576 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

That sucks so much MJKH! I know exactly what flower you bought, I almost bought it too! Then my bridesmaid said she could make it for me, then we decided to make a hair vine.  She made a pretty hair flower for herself though.

Originally Posted by MJKH 

I ordered a chiffon hair flower off etsy and it arrived last week.  Long story short, I'm very disappointed with it and don't have time to get the seller to re-do it.  In hindsight, I wished I would have asked the seller to send me a photo of it in the early stages to see if we were on the same page...long before she spent $26 to Fedex it to me in Canada to arrive by the date she promised.  It was a big waste of money all around : (

So, on to plan "B"...I'm going to head to Michaels tomorrow to see if they have something that can be fashioned into a hair flower...and next Monday I should have a whole bunch of chiffon fabric that they'll be cutting off my dress when hemming it...so I may try to make one myself.  Anyone tried a diy flower like this?

Thank you everyone for all the links. I too was also wondering how they travel?

I took my real touch bouquets and bouts and corsages with me.  It depends how you pack them. I put the bouts and corsages in a cereal box and they turned out fine.  A few of my bouquets got a little smushed, but they popped back with a little arranging.

#84 Avens

Avens
        • 576 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

I had initially planned on going with a hair flower-  then after talking with my crafty bridesmaid - we decided to go with a hair vine. My hair vine

2012-01-03 00.28.50.jpg

In action!

hair.jpg

ceremony2.jpg

hair2.jpg

My bridesmaid also made a hairflower for herself (it was initially her practice for mine, but she loved it and wore it).  I think she's crying during the ceremony in this picture, but its the best shot of her flower I could find. :)

michelle hair.jpg

She also made a dramatic hair flower for her own wedding, that she wore for the reception.

michelle hair flower.jpg

#85 joda

joda
          • 205 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

Avens I love your hair vine! It looked so good, and is unique. 

#86 Palacebridex2

Palacebridex2
            • 281 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

I had never heard or saw a " hair vine" before this thread!! It's beautiful, & so is you BMs hair flower!!!

Originally Posted by Avens 

I had initially planned on going with a hair flower-  then after talking with my crafty bridesmaid - we decided to go with a hair vine. My hair vine

2012-01-03 00.28.50.jpg

In action!

hair.jpg

ceremony2.jpg

hair2.jpg

My bridesmaid also made a hairflower for herself (it was initially her practice for mine, but she loved it and wore it).  I think she's crying during the ceremony in this picture, but its the best shot of her flower I could find. :)

michelle hair.jpg

She also made a dramatic hair flower for her own wedding, that she wore for the reception.

michelle hair flower.jpg

#87 leenancy

leenancy
              • 212 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

I had never heard of a hair vine either until this thread. These are way cute!

Originally Posted by Avens 

2012-01-03 00.28.50.jpg

In action!

hair.jpg

ceremony2.jpg

hair2.jpg

michelle hair.jpg

michelle hair flower.jpg

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
                2 Guests booked through other services

#88 claire20

claire20
                • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

Hi Immppearl,

Am so glad that I open this thread and now I have a wonderful idea where I can get my flower. best wishes

#89 stella331

stella331
                  • 247 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

Def don't use real flowers.  We used them for my sisters wedding in D.R. and they died by the time we got to the reception.

46 booked and counting!

#90 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
                    • 789 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

Here's another one for inspiration! This is a double lily (along with custom earrings) that was designed for a recent Canadian Bride headed to her wedding in Cuba! Mission: EXOTIC! :)

RedIbyChelsea

RedIbyChelsea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users