Photo

Sand Ceremony

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ali0284

ali0284
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

Can someone explain to me what the "Sand Ceremony" is. And how long does it take? Also, do most people choose to do this?
    ~*I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives a feeling an earthy feeling*~

#2 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
    • 547 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:04 PM

I was wondering about this too. Thanks for the explanation Meg&Shay!
      *~*JENN*~*

#3 Brenda&Jeff09

Brenda&Jeff09
      • 220 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for posting this!! I had heard of it, but never really knew what exactly it was. My wedding coordinator hasn't said anything about this option... but I think I'm going to see if this is something we can do!
        http://tickers.Ticke....2315/event.png

22 booked... we're ready to go!!!

#4 ali0284

ali0284
        • 226 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:43 AM

Thanks foe the info!!!
          ~*I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives a feeling an earthy feeling*~

#5 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
          • 280 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:06 PM

I'm doing a sand ceremony and it is a really nice and beachy thing to add to your ceremony. In my ceremony it is done right before the pastor says "I now pronounce you husband and wife..." and basically shows how two individual lives join to one and can't be separated just like the grains of sand can't be separated back. I love it and totally recommend it!

#6 ali0284

ali0284
            • 226 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

Can you still do it if you are doing a symbolic ceremony? haha I know that is probably a stupid question...

#7 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
              • 280 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:08 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ali0284
                Can you still do it if you are doing a symbolic ceremony? haha I know that is probably a stupid question...
                We are doing a symbolic ceremony with pastor york at the Majestic colonial and getting married before we go...but that's just doing paper work so it won't count until the day of our wedding in paradise!

#8 Scarletina

Scarletina
                • 85 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:12 PM

I am doing a sand ceremony as well. I think it has somewhat replaced unity candles in a way. I thought this was an excellent option to incorporate my daughter in our ceremony. We will each have a different color of sand. Sure, you can do it if it's just a symbolic ceremony.
                  37 CABINS BOOKED AND COUNTING!!

CHECK OUT MY WEDDING WEBSITE:

WWW.WEDDINGAWEIGH.COM

#9 Christy335

Christy335
                  • 128 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:22 PM

I agree with Scarletina : you can definitely do this for a symbolic ceremony. In fact, a sand ceremony IS symbolic, so it definitely fits! It's not a religious ritual (although some people choose to make in religious and include God in their wording) so it doesn't belong solely in a religious ceremony.

But also don't feel that it's something you HAVE to do just because you are getting married on a beach. "Designing" your ceremony should be personal and include things that have meaning to you. I'm personally not doing a send ceremony b/c it doesn't touch me the way it does other people. So, do what has meaning to you.. if you love it, definitely do it! (Or if hopping backwards in a circle while patting your head and rubbing your tummy has special meaning to you, then, by all means, do that!)

#10 ali0284

ali0284
                    • 226 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:27 PM

Thanks! I was actually wondering if it was a religious practice...because I am not having any religion in my ceremony!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users