Am I being unreasonable?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:13 PM

I think it'd be different if she was bringing a whole crew of people, but I think single guests are entitled to bring a guest. It'd be the same if Uncle Joe that you love dearly were to bring his girlfriend of 5 months. I agree, I hate going to weddings alone (or even tagging along with family), I love having Aaron there for support and someone to lean on. Maybe she just feels like she's going to be left out. I definately think you should just let this one go and let her bring the date.
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#12 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
    • 2,861 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:20 PM

I agree with the others that I dont see the problem. If they are going to pay for themselves then I dont really see why not. Atleast then your FSIL will have someone to hang out with and have a fun vacation with and also someone to spend time with at your wedding.

#13 TracyK

• 206 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

I say let her bring him as well. As long as you are not expected to pay his way then it shouldn't matter. The most important wedding pictures he would not be included in so that shouldn't be a worry.

If it makes you feel any better........My love is a bar manager and somehow we are having quite a few of the regulars from the bar coming to our wedding and staying the whole week!! I know most of them slightly, one of the guys girlfriend I have yet to meet! But I figure, whatever...the more the merrier!!

#14 DreaW

• Banned
        • 2,462 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:43 PM

I also think she shoud bring someone with her.
          It is hard enough to go to a wedding by yourself. If you had your wedding here would you not let her bring someone?

Sorry I really think she should be allowed to bring someone.

#15 AmyInMI

• 547 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:10 PM

I am in the same situation with my younger sister. She has been dating a guy for just over 3 months and talks about bringing him. I do not mind if she does bring him because they will keep one another company. I think because it is your FSIL, I would let her bring him.
            Amy & Aaron
            May 10, 2008
            Dreams Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico

#16 atennille

• 170 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands. Montego Bay, Jamaica
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

3 months should be enough time for her to judge his character, i think it's ok

AnnaTennille & Eric

May 16, 2015

Montego Bay, Jamaica

#17 soon2bmrsg16

• 7 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 10, 2016
            • Wedding Location:Negril, Jamaica
            • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

I'm with you. Say no. You have the rules and if you bend for one, others WILL get jealous. It's not about her and honestly hurt feelings are going to happen no matter the intentions or precautions taken to prevent them. Bob chance!

#18 Lilian84

• 172 posts
            • Wedding Location:Florida
            • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:22 AM

In my opinion I don't see the big deal if he comes. I understand she is frustrated, I would probably be as well. They will have been dating for 7 months by your wedding. What if she ends up marrying him? Wouldn't you feel like you left him out of something he could've been apart of? And what is your fiances opinion on this?

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

#19 calgarybride2015

• 4,504 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
            • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

It's a tough call.

I have a friend who is trying to date, but hasn't been going strikingly well., but she wants to potentially bring a date to my wedding.  She isn't even dating anyone, she hopes to find them beforehand.   My other single friend had wanted to room up with her to save costs, but she is holding out for this.

I finally thought to myself - my guests have to RSVP by July 18, why should she get until the payment deadline in October to find a date, seems unfair.  So I told her September 1 is her cut off. 

OMG stresses me out, but there is a part of me that just realizes by Sept 1 she won't have known anyone long to even ask them to go, so it is probably a non issue.

Edited by calgarybride2015, 28 July 2014 - 04:07 PM.

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users