Feedback on Riu All Inclusive Resorts

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 jodieP

jodieP
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:54 AM

Hi,

I have stayed with riu twice so far both in cancun, the riu caribe and the riu cancun, done tour of RPLA while we were there.

We loved it so much the first time we decided to get married there so when we went over for our site visit of the caribe (a year in advance) we stayed at the cancun just to kinda keep the magic of the one we had chosen for the wedding!

We truely had an amazing time and i agree with the ladies here, take the tripadvisor reviews with a pinch of salt, I have read reviews of groups who were there at the sam time as us claiming absurd things! I honestly believe they were insane to a degree!!

I couldn't say any more great about them and would highly recommend then!!

Jodie.xx
    http://dwdf.daisypath.com/ZxiGp1.png

24 Booked plus bride & groom

#32 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
    • 301 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:35 AM

i vacationed at the riu cancun...and later went to work there since i loved it so much!
      sounds ridiculous, but there is a story behind it.
      the grounds are beautiful, great rooms, and great location (very close to the happening part of cancun). the entertainmnet goes around the clock as well - and there are not too many kids. BUT if you are looking for a ritzy place with NO kids - check the Riu Palace right next door (if cancun is one of the places you are looking into) at the palace's there are no kids allowed, entertainment is still happening but much more laid back so its pretty quiet all day.....

#33 MrsLewistobe

MrsLewistobe
      • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:01 PM

I have stayed at the RIU Palace in Cancun twice and enjoyed it both times! It seems very peaceful and relaxing. It was not too busy when we went. And we were very pleased with the food, bars, pools. :) I only selected Dreams Cancun for our wedding because some couples have children and I thought they would enjoy the Explorers Club at that resort. But you will not be disappointed at the RIU! :) Good Luck with your wedding planning!

Amy

#34 CKen11

CKen11
        • 8 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

I've stayed at Riu Palace Riviera Maya - it's in Playa del Carmen which was excellent for shopping. The resort was pretty luxurious and we loved the 24hr all inclusive - room service whenever you want!! I've heard the beach has been widened since then and is fantastic. We got a great deal with Vacation Express - they seem to sell quite a few Rius.

#35 Martini

Martini
          • 24 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:22 PM

We've always had excellent service when staying at at a RIU. We are getting married at the ROR in April!

#36 Nadineya

Nadineya
            • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:15 PM

hey Mitzy!

Can you please email me information about the Riu in Cabo. And a few pictures of your wedding! Thank you much!

#37 msjesslee

msjesslee
              • 165 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:42 PM

I love the riu bamboo and the mayan riviera ones are ok. A good tip is to stay the the second nicestv ones and they are always next to the Five star resort and yiu and use the pool and grounds with the riu bracelet also and the five star one!

#38 cglouie

cglouie
                • 31 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

I'm considering a RIU resort in Playa or Cabo for my wedding in 2013. I haven't booked yet because we haven't settled on a date yet... How would you compare RIU with Dreams? My sister-in-law swears by Dreams, but I've been to neither. RIU looks more affordable...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users