Feedback on Riu All Inclusive Resorts

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Ceci21

Ceci21
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:21 AM

Hi all!

My FI and I are considering booking at Riu All Inclusive Resort for our honeymoon. We are looking in Cabo San Lucas or any other resort in Mexico, or in the Caribbean. Can anyone provide me some feedback on Riu Resorts?

Thanks

Ceci

#2 shellk

shellk
    • 1,784 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:27 AM

me and my fi have stopped at a couple and we love them

#3 saltocoach

saltocoach
      • 235 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:50 AM

We've been to the Riu in Cabo and we loved it. We did a site visit last November and had a blast. The food was good, the drinks were grear but the service was excellent. If you go on to a website like tripadvisor please ignore the negative comments. The people who make them are definetly on glue...just my opinion.

#4 drucky14

drucky14
        • 39 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:57 AM

I've stayed at one in the Bahamas and really enjoyed it. We are heading to Montego Bay at the end of August for a visit before we get married there, but everyone seems to have enjoyed that as well.

#5 Perplexy

Perplexy
          • 207 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

I've only heard and seen good things about Rius! Especially for weddings!
            http://tickers.Ticke....4a37/event.png

~Stay positive and love your life!~

#6 JCruz

JCruz
            • 154 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

I've stayed at the Riu Palace in the Mayan Riviera and had an awesome time. The staff were accomodating and always friendly, the grounds were beautiful and food was good.
              I would agree with saltocoach and check out trip advisor. I think it's good to be aware of those with "bad" experiences and decide for yourself if it's alright with you. As for my opinion, I loved it enough to book my wedding at another Riu Palace (Cabo).

#7 Ceci21

Ceci21
              • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:17 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by saltocoach
                We've been to the Riu in Cabo and we loved it. We did a site visit last November and had a blast. The food was good, the drinks were grear but the service was excellent. If you go on to a website like tripadvisor please ignore the negative comments. The people who make them are definetly on glue...just my opinion.
                LOL...its funny that you say that, I was reading the comments on tripadvisor which did scare me a little! We just can't seem to decide which resort to reserve?

#8 Ceci21

Ceci21
                • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:18 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JCruz
                  I've stayed at the Riu Palace in the Mayan Riviera and had an awesome time. The staff were accomodating and always friendly, the grounds were beautiful and food was good.
                  I would agree with saltocoach and check out trip advisor. I think it's good to be aware of those with "bad" experiences and decide for yourself if it's alright with you. As for my opinion, I loved it enough to book my wedding at another Riu Palace (Cabo).
                  Thanks for the feedback, I was also looking into the Riu in Mayan Rivera. I just can't decide which one to reserve!

#9 autjo

autjo
                  • 2,182 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:08 PM

We took a group of 15 to Riu Santa Fe Cabo last year and had a freaking blast. It is on the lower end of their Palace resorts so I am sure those are even nicer. We saw a beautiful wedding there and made us totally decide to get married at an all inclusive like Riu. The only reason we didn't book our wedding there was because we wanted to give a friends a trip to somewhere they hadn't been before. As for honeymoon, you might look into Sun Palace. When I stayed there I thought it had more personal service since it is a smaller AI with no kids. Good luck!

#10 mitzy7

mitzy7
                    • 61 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:50 PM

I was thinking about the Rui Palace (Cabo) as well. One thing that made me nervous is they said they don't contact you until about a month or two before your wedding to go over the details. Is this the norm for most DW Weddings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users