Photo

Help from past ROR brides!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 btn1091

btn1091
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

I am looking into what flowers to purchase (purchase silk before hand, or real once I'm at the resort) I was hoping brides could post some pictures of the arrangements they went with and if they went with real or silk. What were the neg/pos of what you decided?!
    I'm just nervous about leaving my flower purchase till I get there, and then regret it?! LOL
    And for those brides that did purchase silk... how did you get them there without damage and did they take up a lot of space?

Thank you so much

#2 Mello78

Mello78
    • 77 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:08 PM

Looking forward to reading the pros and cons on this topic! I almost sure that I will purchase my flowers there for the main reason that we are flying with Skyservice and luggage weight is limited.

#3 latricej919

latricej919
      • 110 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:06 PM

I say purchase silks/natural touch...I just got back from ROR (it was so FAB!)and received the free bouquet (which was used as my toss) but I say hands down the natural touch flowers are great. They look real and you can keep them.
        Soon To Be: Mrs. Ham

#4 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
        • 170 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:56 AM

We upgraded our free bouquet and also bought corsages for the ladies and button holes for the men. My bouquet and the other flower arrangements lasted about a week in our room. The button holes didn't last longer than 1 day.

They matched the flowers and colours for the bouquet with the ones that go on the gazebo. They also matched flowers on the cake too.

Click the image to open in full size.

#5 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
          • 2,233 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:16 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mello78
            Looking forward to reading the pros and cons on this topic! I almost sure that I will purchase my flowers there for the main reason that we are flying with Skyservice and luggage weight is limited.
            This is what I plan to do as well. I am going to take the free flowers for myself and FI, I decided the MOH and bridesmaid would carry parasols and the BM and groomsman, I plan on using a real starfish for their boutineer.
            July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#6 kdnicholer21

kdnicholer21
            • Banned
            • 51 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:54 AM

You were very beautiful, congrats!

#7 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
              • 456 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

You can also search under the flower thread that is under the main forum. There is TONS of info and pics on flowers, both real and fake. I plan to use real touch just so I know I am getting exactly what I want. I have seen some really pretty real pics in photos, but I have also read some reviews where brides didn't get exactly what they asked for from the florist. They deliver right before ceremony time, so there is no time for changes.

#8 Mello78

Mello78
                • 77 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon
                  This is what I plan to do as well. I am going to take the free flowers for myself and FI, I decided the MOH and bridesmaid would carry parasols and the BM and groomsman, I plan on using a real starfish for their boutineer.
                  That is a very unique idea!!! Love it! I am still unsure who is all coming from my wedding party yet

#9 RORJamaica Bride 050809

RORJamaica Bride 050809
                  • 69 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

I purchased silk flowers at Michaels. I then took them to a flower shop and they arranged them for me and wrapped them. I had the bridesmaids flowers wrapped with the part of their dress what cut off for hemming. I had people coming up to me at the resort wondering if they were real and where I got them.

#10 AnnaC

AnnaC
                    • 91 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:23 PM

Those flowers from Micheal's look great. I'm leaving on Saturday and still debating doing this or not. Great idea to bring them to a florist to arrange them. That was the part I was worried about. I just wish there was a Micheal's close to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users