• 120 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

this is a wonderful timeline

Attached Files

#102 Renewing32

Renewing32
    • 161 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

This is A great list, however I sent my save the dates 16 months out. This seems way too early but I have found that my guests were glad we did because many of them need to get passports as well as set money aside to attend.
      Just as stir crazy as my first wedding!

#103 Peach

Peach
      • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Renewing32 

This is A great list, however I sent my save the dates 16 months out. This seems way too early but I have found that my guests were glad we did because many of them need to get passports as well as set money aside to attend.

Agreed. I think my invitations will be going out about 6 months in advance, not the save the dates. We had people asking, even though we are still over a year away. So they are going out today (13.5 months ahead), and invites will go out in January. That will give people a couple months before the deadline to book.

#104 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
        • 261 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Renewing32 

We sent ours out 14 months in advance for the same reasons you listed. Bet early than late!! 

We had people tell me they weren't coming the day after we sent out the STDs. Can you tell they really don't want to go? :P

#105 Peach

Peach
          • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by cinnagirl 

We sent ours out 14 months in advance for the same reasons you listed. Bet early than late!! 

We had people tell me they weren't coming the day after we sent out the STDs. Can you tell they really don't want to go? :P

Hahaha, we also know some people who said they won't be coming already. We are sending them STDs, but not invites.

We also are putting something about it on our website, asking them to "tentatively RSVP" if they know they will be there no matter what, know they cannot get off work, are allergic to sand and sunshine, are terrified of flying, or hate the mini bags of peanuts that flight attendants give out on flights with such a passion that it is enough to persuade them to miss out on a fun vacation, and avoid all salty snacks.

:)

#106 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
            • 261 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Peach 

Hahaha, we also know some people who said they won't be coming already. We are sending them STDs, but not invites.

We also are putting something about it on our website, asking them to "tentatively RSVP" if they know they will be there no matter what, know they cannot get off work, are allergic to sand and sunshine, are terrified of flying, or hate the mini bags of peanuts that flight attendants give out on flights with such a passion that it is enough to persuade them to miss out on a fun vacation, and avoid all salty snacks.

:)

Hahaha, I love that! That's a cute way of putting it.

#107 Peach

Peach
              • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by cinnagirl 

Hahaha, I love that! That's a cute way of putting it.

Yeah, we really tried to keep everything light and fun...

We are really silly together, so why not reflect that? Just hope we don't seriously offend too many people... :) But we liked it.

#108 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
                • 338 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

This is a great timeline, but I feel many ladies on here are doing things sooner than what it says. I am sending out my STD's this week, and we're a little less than a year away. I thought that was far, but so many girls have said the earlier the better. The timeline is great to use as a checklist regardless of when you get it all done =) I know if I don't have something to follow, I'll defnitely forget something LOL

#109 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
                  • 438 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

I love the time line it keeps me focused on the more important things first, because I can get carried away with the OOT bags LOL.....

#110 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
                    • 261 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

This is such a great list! So glad I came across it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users