Photo

Omg please help me!!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#11 SSNM

SSNM
  • 675 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:24 PM

Umm, she is paying for the return shipment right?

Geez, this is horrible. I am really sorry you are having to deal with this. You know what, whatever the outcome don't let it ruin your day. At least you have a beach wedding to look forward to. What did she say about express-mailing them?

#12 autjo

autjo
    • 2,182 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:29 PM

Awww... I'm so sorry! The flowers will definitely not ruin your wedding because the important thing is that you and FI love each other and are doing this for each other, not the flowers :)

At my best friend's wedding the florist delivered the flowers to church the night before and put them in one of the big fridges. The fridge went out and they all died. We didn't even know until 3 hours before the ceremony. My mom went to Costco and bought some amazing bouquets and then hand tied them in no time. It seemed like the end of the world when it happened, but the pictures were amazing with those Costco flowers. You have a ton of flower options for your legal ceremony tomorrow so try and take a deep breath and know that everything will work out.

As for Bitterweet, I hope they do something to make this right!

#13 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
      • 5,466 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

I agree with flbluiis, relax relax relax. This definitely sucks but in the end you and your hubby are ok and still getting married and they are JUST flowers. HOWEVER, she does have to figure out a way to make sure you do get flowers and if its from another vendor she best be paying for them.

#14 Glamourina

Glamourina
        • 198 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

Sorry for the outburst... I had ordered a bouquet of peonies from bittersweet because they were my dad's favourite flowers and he passed away recently. They were going to represent my memory of him. Now that the bouquet is not here, I will not be able to get fresh peonies by tomorrow (called florists and tried) and they're not available for the D.R. so that's really why I'm soo upset... :*(

#15 alkoch

alkoch
          • 515 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

Hmm what about going to micheals or another craft store and have them help you make a bouquet of peonies? That really sucks I'm sorry! Good luck!

#16 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
            • 5,649 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Glamourina
              Sorry for the outburst... I had ordered a bouquet of peonies from bittersweet because they were my dad's favourite flowers and he passed away recently. They were going to represent my memory of him. Now that the bouquet is not here, I will not be able to get fresh peonies by tomorrow (called florists and tried) and they're not available for the D.R. so that's really why I'm soo upset... :*(
              Awww I'm so sorry I think it's so sweet that you were going to do this as your way of commemorating your father. Is there no way you can work something out with this company? Can you report them to the BBB possibly? I would refuse to return the flowers you received until this person gives you a concrete answer on where your flowers are and if/when you can expect to receive them and if not then are you going to be receving a full refund for not receving the product.

#17 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:56 PM

Go to a craft store hun. They have lots of peonies, especially michaels. I would tell her you want a refund, but you still want those flowers for your DW. Also she needs to pay for return shipping.

Really don't panic! I understand the peonies are a special touch. But maybe you could do a memorial seat and table for him and place some peonies there, like the ones you already got. Then go to costco and buy fresh flowers. They are cheap and you can quickly put them together, just grab a couple friends and make them up!

We have an actual seat at our wedding for my dad where we'll have a photo of him and flowers and then his photo & flowers will be moved to a memorial table w/ candles.

#18 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                • 5,649 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:18 PM

Jacilynda - that's a terrific idea, you're always so helpful!!!

#19 inspiredfyre

inspiredfyre
                  • 304 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:57 PM

see if there's a vendor who can get you flowers asap, and get yourself a refund with the other lady! Tell the bbb about her business, so that way other brides can find business elsewhere! I am so sorry that it happened to you.

-Sharon

http://tickers.Ticke....744b/event.pnghttp://i665.photobuc....r-05-low-1.jpg

#20 mich999

mich999
                    • 386 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:04 PM

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Michaels is a great idea or if you don't have time go with some fresh flowers in your dad's favorite color instead and figure out your DW flowers after the legal ceremony. It will be wonderful regardless, but Bittersweet better make this right and do more than just give you a refund. Just horrible service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users