Photo

Random though - bugs in PV?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
  • 612 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:57 AM

Not sure if this is random, but I just thought of it today because I just got a few small bug bites on my arms and I was thinking - this can't happen before the wedding!

How is the bug situation in PV? specifically in Dec?
    for some reason bugs love me! and I get bit very easily (I've heard I need to take my vitamin B)

Thanks for any tips!
    ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
    My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#2 The Mandy in Chandy

The Mandy in Chandy
    • 307 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:02 AM

I know beaches and watery areas are infamous for no-see-ums in some areas and sand fleas. I got eaten up by them when I visited my destination last. They tend to come out more in the evening. Maybe you could give out Off wipes to the guests? Good luck! i hope you find the info you need!

#3 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
      • Banned
      • 3,479 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

I have heard people really recommend taking bug spray with you, but I think it is more for excursions outside the resorts. But I would bring some just in case, I can't imagine they would be too bad in December, but there are some crazy bugs in foreign countries!

#4 sweetiekris

sweetiekris
        • 41 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:14 AM

Im sure youll be fine especially since its not summertime your going. Just take bug spray and you should be good! In jamica I didnt have any problems its more for excursions

#5 weddinggirl72

weddinggirl72
          • 139 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

I am worried about the same thing BUT luckily I found these great all natural insect repellent wipes that dont reek of chemicals, Im going to put them in my guest welcome bags and take a few for myself! :)
            La Fresh All Natural Biodegradable Insect Repellent Wipes
            So far 68 RSVP's and 56 people are booked to stay at the resort!

#6 alkoch

alkoch
            • 515 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:56 PM

I have been to puerto vallarta a couple times and I have never really had a problem - I have actually never brought bug spray on vacation in Mexico and I have always been fine. To be sure just pack a can of spray and if you need it you will have it! Also you might want to check when the rainy season is - if its rainy there is a better chance for bugs.

#7 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
              • Banned
              • 3,479 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:41 PM

The rainy season is June-Nov. so you should be good in december. I was on a charity bike ride this past weekend and they had bug spray there that actually smelled good it was in an orange bottle. But I wouldn't stress about it, since you will be out of the rainy season you should be all good!

#8 nikkigard

nikkigard
                • 200 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:44 PM

I get bitten VERY easily too - got tons of bites in the US this year - ugh... But I have been to PV twice now and have never gotten bitten and thats in the jungle, on the beach, in December and in May :) Hoping that the streak continues!!

#9 mayanbride78

mayanbride78
                  • 60 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:57 PM

Late May into June is when mosquito season is.....I think those are the only bugs that would be a problem...
                    D & C
                    Dreams 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users