Sign in to follow this  
J&MWedding

Random though - bugs in PV?

Not sure if this is random, but I just thought of it today because I just got a few small bug bites on my arms and I was thinking - this can't happen before the wedding!

How is the bug situation in PV? specifically in Dec?

for some reason bugs love me! and I get bit very easily (I've heard I need to take my vitamin B)

Thanks for any tips!

I know beaches and watery areas are infamous for no-see-ums in some areas and sand fleas. I got eaten up by them when I visited my destination last. They tend to come out more in the evening. Maybe you could give out Off wipes to the guests? Good luck! i hope you find the info you need!

I have heard people really recommend taking bug spray with you, but I think it is more for excursions outside the resorts. But I would bring some just in case, I can't imagine they would be too bad in December, but there are some crazy bugs in foreign countries!

I have been to puerto vallarta a couple times and I have never really had a problem - I have actually never brought bug spray on vacation in Mexico and I have always been fine. To be sure just pack a can of spray and if you need it you will have it! Also you might want to check when the rainy season is - if its rainy there is a better chance for bugs.

The rainy season is June-Nov. so you should be good in december. I was on a charity bike ride this past weekend and they had bug spray there that actually smelled good it was in an orange bottle. But I wouldn't stress about it, since you will be out of the rainy season you should be all good!

I get bitten VERY easily too - got tons of bites in the US this year - ugh... But I have been to PV twice now and have never gotten bitten and thats in the jungle, on the beach, in December and in May :) Hoping that the streak continues!!