Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Mandy in Chandy

July 2010 Brides!!

Recommended Posts

Name: Melissa

FI Name: Steve

Wedding Destination: Dreams Cancun

What made you choose this destination? We visited the resort in July 2008 and just fell in love with it. Up until then we hadn't even talked about getting married. Once we saw the price for the wedding packages, it was basically decided.

Wedding Date: early July 2010. We recently contacted the WC, so we're hoping to book a date pretty soon!

What made you choose this date? I'm working on my PhD and July is probably one of my least busy months.

Have you decided on your wedding colors? If so, what are they? Different shades of blue, brown and orange.

What is something unique about your wedding? No one in my family has ever dreamed of having a destination wedding, so we'll be the first!

Tell us anything else about yourself and/or your wedding: I moved to Minnesota from the east coast 3 years ago and already have the typical Minnesotan accent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey July Girls!!

 

Name: Christina

FI Name: Joe

Wedding Destination: Islamorada, Florida

What made you choose this destination? We met in Florida and love to vacation in the Keys!

Wedding Date: July 10, 2010

What made you choose this date? It's 11 years after we met there in college!! Have been dating ever since! Not even one breakup!! : ) Plus, I work in a high school and it's easier for me to do it in the summer. Funny how a lot of us are are in education in this group because of that!

Have you decided on your wedding colors? If so, what are they? I'm thinking different shades of orange

What is something unique about your wedding? Hmmm, not super unique, but trying to go with a travel theme.

Tell us anything else about yourself and/or your wedding: We met 11 years ago while we were both doing internships at Walt Disney World in Orlando. We have been together longer than most of my friends and family! Haha! We like to take our time!! ; )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

July is my month ,too!

 

My name is Edy.

FI is Jaxon.

We are getting hitched in Jamaica, because it was our first vacation together.

Wedding date is July 17, 2010. We picked that date as a combo of our birthdays. I was born on the 7th of april, he was born on the 17th of june.

Colors: Celadon and Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Name: Sarah

 

FI Name: Mike

 

Wedding Destination: Gran Bahia Principe in Punta Cana, DR

 

What made you choose this destination? I've heard amazing things about this hotel, everyone says that I'll love it! Really anywhere south would have done for us, we just wanted to be on the beach and somewhere with our closest family and friends!

 

Wedding Date: July 7, 2010

 

What made you choose this date? It works for me being a teacher and having lots of friends that work in education! Also, it gives our guests lots of opportunity to plan and save!

 

Have you decided on your wedding colors? Yes, I'm having five girls stand up with me! Two will be wearing a coral colour and three will be in pink! We're going to they're dresses from J Crew and they'll get to choose their own style!

 

 

Tell us anything else about yourself and/or your wedding: Well so far, I've ordered my dress, we've found Mike's outfit, our invitations are designed just waiting on sample paper before ordering through Cards and Pockets, I've ordered our sand ceremony frame, we have our guest list, and we've put deposits down with I travel 2000 and with the hotel! We've recruited a family friend to be our photographer, we've asked our MC's to help lead the reception, my brother will be doing the music for us and Mike and I have decided on doing a Wedding Dance Evolution for our first dance! I think we're right on track!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How's the planning going ladies? We have about eight months till July!!Time flies so fast. I'm a little anxious about it all and hope it all comes together smoothly.

 

Checks: Booked venue, ordered dress, found a TA, sent out STD's and travel info., booked travel & hotel, created website, got officiant, booked photog,

 

In the beginning I was completely overwhelmed and had no focus but things are slowly falling into place. I actually have a vision of what I want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Name: Tina

 

FI Name: Carlos (husband)

 

Wedding Destination: Nassau, Bahamas

 

What made you choose this destination? An old classmate vacationed there last year and it seemed like beautiful place to get married.

 

Wedding Date: July 3, 2010

 

What made you choose this date? It's our 7th Wedding Anniversary.

 

Have you decided on your wedding colors? Crimson/Creme (Sorority Colors)

 

 

Tell us anything else about yourself and/or your wedding: So far:

1. I ordered hubby's suit from studiosuits.com and it it works out, we will order the groomsmen and the ringbear's (my son) suit from there.

2. I ordered my dress.

3. I got a TA

4. I put down the deposit for the trip.

5. Purchased Trip Insurance

6. Ordered the ties and pocket squares for the groomsmen and the groom

7. ordered bridesmaid flip-flops for me and the bridesmaids

8. Ordered Sarongs, personalized totebags, and silver starfish necklaces for the bridesmaids

9. Ordered sample of invitations and RSVP cards from vistaprint

10. Mailed STD Magnets

11. In the process of putting down the deposit for the hotel (just waiting on her to fix some things)

12. Put down the deposit for the vacation house that we are staying at for the "honeymoon" portion of the trip.

13. Scheduled my BD Session

14. Booked my photog.

15. Made reservations for reception dinner at restaurant

16. Told the BM's the wedding colors and they are picking out their own dresses from Alfred Angelo

 

** sighs **

__________________

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Name: Nicole

 

FI Name: Henry

 

Wedding Destination: Dreams Tulum, Mexico

 

What made you choose this destination? We love the Riviera Maya area and always wanted to get married there. The hotel had a nice wedding package and was afordable for everyone attending. Also we have our neices and nephews coming who are still teenagers so we needed it to be a family resort.

 

Wedding Date: July 16, 2010

 

What made you choose this date? We needed it to be in the summer so the kids would be out of school. June was out since 2 of the kids are both graduating. We didn't want to make them miss out on grad parties and trips so we decided on July. It had to be either a Fri or Sat and this is what the hotel had avail.

 

Have you decided on your wedding colors? Blue and sand. I wanted the colors of the beach and ocean. I have my 2 sisters for the wedding party. Haven't decided which color they are wearing yet. I will figure that out as we dress shop.

 

 

Tell us anything else about yourself and/or your wedding: Well, I have only been engaged for 1 month so I am just starting out with the planning. Now that the hotel and wedding is booked, I feel a huge weight has been lifted!! But I still have a long way to go.

 

__________________

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by creoletexan View Post
Name: Tina

FI Name: Carlos (husband)

Wedding Destination: Nassau, Bahamas

What made you choose this destination? An old classmate vacationed there last year and it seemed like beautiful place to get married.

Wedding Date: July 3, 2010

What made you choose this date? It's our 7th Wedding Anniversary.

Have you decided on your wedding colors? Crimson/Creme (Sorority Colors)


Tell us anything else about yourself and/or your wedding: So far:
1. I ordered hubby's suit from studiosuits.com and it it works out, we will order the groomsmen and the ringbear's (my son) suit from there.
2. I ordered my dress.
3. I got a TA
4. I put down the deposit for the trip.
5. Purchased Trip Insurance
6. Ordered the ties and pocket squares for the groomsmen and the groom
7. ordered bridesmaid flip-flops for me and the bridesmaids
8. Ordered Sarongs, personalized totebags, and silver starfish necklaces for the bridesmaids
9. Ordered sample of invitations and RSVP cards from vistaprint
10. Mailed STD Magnets
11. In the process of putting down the deposit for the hotel (just waiting on her to fix some things)
12. Put down the deposit for the vacation house that we are staying at for the "honeymoon" portion of the trip.
13. Scheduled my BD Session
14. Booked my photog.
15. Made reservations for reception dinner at restaurant
16. Told the BM's the wedding colors and they are picking out their own dresses from Alfred Angelo

** sighs **
__________________

It's a small world!! You MUST be a Delta...if so...Hi Soror!!! LOL I'm getting married the week after you in the Bahamas....you've got a lot done!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by classadiva View Post
It's a small world!! You MUST be a Delta...if so...Hi Soror!!! LOL I'm getting married the week after you in the Bahamas....you've got a lot done!!
Yes I am! HEY SOROR!!!! It is definitely a small world...lol! I may see you since we are coming in on July 1 but we aren't leaving until July 9. I spent 1-2 months just on organizing a multi-sheet spreadsheet of every aspect of this wedding, so after I finished that... I just started going down the list when I have downtime..lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by creoletexan View Post
Yes I am! HEY SOROR!!!! It is definitely a small world...lol! I may see you since we are coming in on July 1 but we aren't leaving until July 9. I spent 1-2 months just on organizing a multi-sheet spreadsheet of every aspect of this wedding, so after I finished that... I just started going down the list when I have downtime..lol
Well... Hello Sorors!! How exciting to find you both here...I'm planning an Aruban wedding. It would be funny if I too decided on the Bahamas. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×