#31 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jess
    yeah I totally say you do that!!! haha tell him your budget of $500K and send a model pic...love it

then say F* off!
    ha! I was thinking of going the opposite route....

tell him that the only reason you are going to mexico is to save a much money as possible and everything is on more than a "shoestring" budget...then send him the ugliest pic of a woman on the internet that you could find!

you could then close with some sort of "thanks but no thanks" line

#32 PetitRouge

PetitRouge
    • 174 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

oh my.. i just can't even believe that!! i don't even know how you should respond to that. Don't let it get to you though.....you are going to find an amazing photographer,and it will be perfect.

#33 MsZ

MsZ
      • 410 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

That is outrageous!! As a person who relies on others to keep him in business, you would NOT expect someone to be so picky or demanding to choose the type of work he wants to do. He has NO right to assume that you are throwing a cheap wedding, nor the right to question your athleticism and your looks. Unprofessional does not even come close to the words I would have used to describe that!! I am in shock after reading that!!

The only good that will come out of this is that all of us here on BDW now know NOT to even think about referring his business to others. I hope that you do send an email back giving him a piece of your mind! I have half a notion to do that myself!! How horrible!!!

#34 leahstafford

leahstafford
        • 713 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:27 PM

I am ashamed for him. I don't even had words!

#35 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:27 PM

What a D-bag! He needs to learn to treat people with respect. His email was beyond rude. But thank god you found out now before you hired him, could you imagine being stuck with this jerk in Mexico?
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#36 sunset78

sunset78
            • 1,280 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

What a jack@$$! What type of professional would actually say something like that or even be like that?! Wants only attractive brides Why so he can jerk off? Sorry about that comment, but seriouly WTF??

#37 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,532 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:30 PM

Ew, this photog sucks. Seriously, WTF is up?! His bad rep will get around fast enough if he keeps responding to brides with that same email. Puke.

#38 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:38 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TammyB
                  I totally agree that is VERY unprofessional. Ok I had a "shoe string" budget and I hired my photographer for 3.5 hours, and you would never have guessed my budget based on the amazing photos we received. And the way he approached how you look, is also very insulting. Photographers like this won't go far in the business. I'm sorry you had to deal with this, but I'm sure you will find an amazing photographer that fits your budget and will give you great photos in the end. :-)
                  I was thinking the same thing. My wedding was a "shoe-string" wedding too, but it was beautiful. Doesn't take a lot of money to have a beautiful wedding when you have the beaches of mexico as a backdrop.

I'd email him and say, "sorry, I'm probably too fat and ugly for you...but I'm loaded. I'll take my huge budget elsewhere."

No really, I wouldn't say that. I'd probably just send a short email saying I thought he was very tacky. If it's too wordy he'll probably jsut think you are ultra sensitive. Someone needs to get it through his head.

Well, maybe you don't want to teach him it was out of line because then he will just mask his shallowness in emails. let him dig himself a hole.

#39 jackobelle

jackobelle
                  • 359 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

I agree! Thankfully you found out what a lame jerk this guy is before you spent your wedding day with him! He just screwed himself - word of mouth goes a LONG way, especially with bad reviews!!!

#40 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:41 PM

notice how he wants to do an engagement shoot before the couple books? wonder if he wants to check out the bride first and make sure she is hot enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users