Photo

Who is attending your legal wedding?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 amandseth

amandseth
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

I have to admit, I really love the idea of having my grandparents be our witnesses, since they won't be able to attend the DW. Brought a tear to my eye.
    We had intended to just go ourselves, and not invite anyone except maybe a couple to witness. It's not just about everyone else experiencing the DW as the "real" event, but for myself as well. I don't want to feel like the paper signing is what actually seals the deal....
    Annie and Wes, 11.11.09, GRP

Grand Riviera Princess Review
    http://bestdestinati....-review-52769/Planning Thread http://bestdestinati....nscious-52815/

#22 cruisebride0410

cruisebride0410
    • 178 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

Does anyone know if you have to bring your own witnesses? Will the courthouse provide one if you don't bring anyone?

#23 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
      • 5,466 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

Just the two of us!!!

#24 Ms325i

Ms325i
        • 204 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

Our legal day will be before our DW. Right now it is just the two of us--but I may ask a close friend to attend as well.

#25 PetitRouge

PetitRouge
          • 174 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

I was thinking just the two of us! We don't want anyone to make a big fuss since we are not really considering ourselves married until after the dw wedding!

#26 AJandNate2010

AJandNate2010
            • 58 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

We are holding our legal ceremony right before our reception when we return (19 days after our DW). We were originally planning on having our legal ceremony before we left but then we felt that would make the DW not as special since it would be the second time. We are inviting all of our family to the ceremony. I was originally just going to invite the people that were unable to attend the DW but then I felt bad that we weren't inviting everyone so now its the more the merrier. Yowza!
              http://ticker.7910.o....1hcnJpZWQh.gif

Final guest count... 63 adults and 10 kids!!

#27 jdelia79

jdelia79
              • 18 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:24 PM

We are not inviting anyone for our legal ceremony. We are telling our parents only, everyone else will think our DW is our legal wedding. We are thinking of the legal ceremony as just the paperwork part of it and the actual ceremony as our wedding. Any way you decide to do it will be fine. By the time you get to your DW, you will be so happy, you will forget you ever had a legal ceremony anyway :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users