Photo

Kapalua Weather concerns in June?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Brenna

Brenna
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

So I just reserved my date, June 7, 2010! My concern is that I was originallly looking at West Maui to stay, have the ceremony and reception. However, I was doing some more research and it seems that the Kapalua are (where I was thinking of having my beach ceremony) is significantly rainier than South Maui. Has anyone had or heard of weather issues in this area? I would be devistated if my beautiful Hawaii beach wedding was rained out! Thank you in advance!

#2 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
    • 929 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

I can't say that I can be too much help here, b/c we always visit the Kaanapali area of Maui. You might try this website Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground & look over the history for the month of June for the last couple of years in Kapalua. I can say that like most tropical locations, a quick rain shower/thunderstorm in the afternoon is not out of the question. We were in Kaanapali from May 23-June 1st & it never rained once the whole week, so I guess you never can tell. Good luck & I hope you find some info on this topic. Congratulations!!

#3 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:31 PM

I have stayed in Kapalua 3 times in late may and early June and it has only rained 1 full day in my almost 3+ total time visited.

Hope that helps!

Congrats, your wedding will be beautiful.

#4 NaM

NaM
        • 2,256 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

Hawaii weather is really strange. My parents live on Oahu and it rains every single day on the east side of the island. Sometimes it just pass through and others days it will last for hours. The south and west side are fairly dry. I'm assuming Maui is much the same but it depends on the moutains really. Usually in June you won't get a complete rain out though.
          It's Hawaii though, it'll be warm and beautiful regardless!

#5 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,369 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:44 PM

Hi

I just came back from Kapalua - we stayed 6/29 - 7/4 at the Ritz and it only rained once for 10 minuets the whole week we were there. It can get pretty windy, but its not that bad at all. It also sprinkled a couple times but for like 5 minutes or less and was barely noticeable.

Its a GORGEOUS area and your wedding will be amazing!!

#6 Brenna

Brenna
            • 40 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:14 PM

Thank you so much for all of the great input. I think we will stick with the plan and cross our fingers that the rains stays away! I'm sure it will all be okay...we will wait for it to pass if we have to. =)

#7 *kellis*

*kellis*
              • 330 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:34 PM

I've stayed right next to the Kapalua Ritz Carlton a few times and at the most it's only rained for a few minutes(just enough for an amazing rainbow) but definitely not enough to deter us from being outside or by the pool. It's so pretty around there, that would be an amazing place to get married, so jealous! :)
                http://davf.daisypath.com/Pw5um7.png
                (Formerly "Future Mrs. Kt Ellis")

I love being a wife!

#8 SAM

SAM
                • 542 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:28 PM

I was married on Kapalua Beach on April 15th and stayed in the area for 1 week. It rained alittle, very lightly a few days but just for a few minutes.

#9 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
                  • 1,131 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:50 AM

we were married in August at Kapalua (in the am). Barely a cloud in the sky. In fact the only rain we encountered (other than on the road to Hana) was at our luau on the night of our wedding (& that was just a lovely little drizzle). I wouldn't stress about it too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users