calchik's punta cana, gran bahia prinicipe bavaro wedding review. LONG and with pics!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 calchik

• 166 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

thanks everyone! i hope it's helpful to someone
    i was slowly writing the review over a few days but it did take hours

kristina, i never really saw a wedding take place on the beach
    it was at one end of the beach so even though it was surrounded by beach chairs they were mostly empty cuz ppl were too lazy to walk to the end of the beach...and i don't think there was a bar nearby either

as for the hands in sand pic, i saw it on some photographer's website so on our last day there DH and i went and did it ourselves

oh and if you're going to steal sand from the beach to use at your AHR, try to dry it out before pouring it. otherwise it clumps and is harder to pour without making a mess. lol

#32 robinkar

• 65 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:31 AM

Thank you so much for this review. Congratulations on the wedding and I am so glad that everything turn out so beautifully.

We are having a wedding at the Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro on April 15, 2010 and we are still in the process of trying to decide some of the items. So if you don't mind, I would like to ask you some questions:
      1. the wedding questionnaire says that you have a choice of beach, gazebo 1 or gazebo 2 for the ceremony. Do you know the difference between gazebo 1 and 2.
      2. how many people attended your wedding.
      3. which wedding package did you choose
      4. the outside location looks perfect. Which restaurant was it and did you have a private ceremony.
      4. you had mentioned that you only had about 1 hour for dancing. Was that because you had to be out by a certain time.

I know this is a lot of questions but would really appreciate any assistance as we are finding this whole process a little overwhelming when we haven't been to the resort and don't want to make the wrong choice.

Looking forward to your response. Thank you again.

#33 slapsappyhappy

• 443 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:30 PM

Calchik your wedding looks like it was so much fun! I love so many of your things, like the cake, the gazebo, and definitely your dress!!!! What kind of dress is it? Who was your photographer? Did you make a planning thread? I would love to see all the details....

#34 damaris

• 462 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:09 PM

Everything looks great. And I'm happy that in the end it all worked out for you.

#35 staceysbride

• 245 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:13 PM

I've booked MW too to do our photos. In his packages now, he doesn't stay through the reception. Was it the same for you? How did you compensate for this?

I'm glad you posted your review- it really helped me decide when I was in the process of trying to book photographers.

#36 Eliana

• 676 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

GREAT PICTURESSS! Great that you were able to have your wedding at DR instead of Mexico! CONGRATULATIONS!

#37 sgathercole

• 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:28 PM

Wow. You have a great story. I am considering this resort for my wedding next year. Thanks for sharing your story and all the best for you and your husband.

#38 baj

• 1,555 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:40 PM

beautiful pics & great review thanks for sharing

#39 JT3

• 443 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:23 PM

great pictures

#40 Pastryqueen_Tanya

• 417 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

Thank you so much for sharing! All of you mexico brides were on my mind when I heard that the flights were being cancelled! I am so happy you had such a beautiful wedding! Thanks for sharing your pics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users