Sign in to follow this  
*Heather*

For those of you who have pave diamond wedding bands...

oh I guess I should mention on mine that I have smaller fingers. When Joe bought them they were a size 7 and he had them resized to a 5 and after doing that the diamonds go almost 3/4 of the way around so its nice not having the diamonds end right at the edge of the next finger

That's a good question! My wedding band has diamonds that go 3/4 of the way around. Technically it was only supposed to be half but I have really small hands so after sizing it ends up being 3/4, haha. Anyway my band doesn't spin that much because it seems to fit up against my e-ring well

I have pave on my e-ring, and while it doesn't spin, it sometimes shifts. It doesn't bother me, though, because the pave on my e-ring is 3/4 and no solid metal shows.

My wedding band is an eternity. It doesn't seem to be any more dirty than other rings.

great thread! I am looking to get a wedding band with maybe the diamond 1/2 around... my e-ring is not completely round, it is flat at the bottom so it wouldn't spin as much, and I actually like that about my e-ring so most likely I'll get that for my wedding band as well.

My band has pave 1/2 way around but I can't tell you yet if it will spin around rolleyes.gif

I had it custom made so I also have a small area etched out in the middle of the diamonds so that you can see the topaz on the side of my ring and the tension setting. I have a feeling that it might spin (so the diamonds and the gap won't be where they should be_ but I figure if it bothers me enough I'll just get my rings put together.

unless your rings are super tight or fused together, they will at some point spin. both my ering and band have pave halfway around and because the band doesn't have the weight of a large stone on it, it definitely spins.. i adjust quite a few times a day. i wish i would have splurged on the eternity band..... i say DO IT!! wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Heather* View Post
Mods I apologize if there is already a thread on this...I did a search and found other threads on pave but nothing specifically about this. If I'm wrong, go ahead and delete this one!

My question is - for those of you who have pave diamond wedding bands, do your diamonds go all the way around, or do they stop half way?

Follow up questions:

If they go half way - do you find that your band spins and that sometimes you see the non-diamond part?

If they go all the way around - do they bother your palm or get dirty and gross?

Thanks for your input ladies....
Both my wedding ring and my engagement ring are eternity bands. I was worried about losing a diamond or tarnishing them in some way, but I've had no problems at all with either ring. I love themblush2.gif

I don't have pave set diamonds, but I do have 2 channel set diamond rings and I've never had a problem with either spinning enough to show the bottom of the band. My engagement ring is about half with diamonds and the other is about 3/4 around the band. I've resized both twice now.

What a timely thread... I have a Tacori engagement ring that has has diamonds going half way around... I am wondering if it would look strange if I got an eternity band, or if I should get a matching 1/2 way wedding band.....