Quote:
Originally Posted by nucci View Post
Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!! I did way too much partying haha. I need to start this wedding diet thing ASAP!!!

Heard back from Doremixx over the weekend and he said the best price he could give is $800. He said this is the price for next year. I don't know what we're going to do yet but we'll probably just spend the money and book him. I want a good DJ and they seem to be the best!
I just booked Doremixx and that is the price that I got as well. He was the only DJ that I looked at because he got such great reviews. To me, I would rather pay the money and have a great DJ and that my guests have a great time!!

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!!!

I need help! Is there someone out there that have used the spa at the Del mar for hair and make uphuh.gif? I'm getting married there and I really want to know what kind of work they do. It would be great to see some pics too ...hehehe!!!!! :)

Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering what people did for videography who used outside photographers?? I have been looking at a couple of outside photographers who didn't offer videography. Would the resort be offended if I went with an outside photographer but used their video? Would they even allow this? I just need some advice from some other people who are having/had this issue....huh.gif

Is the Del Mar doing anything extra for any of you?  We are planning on having over 50 guests and paying extra for the cocktail and reception even though the resort is all inclusive, so I was just wondering if the resort did anything extra for them??  My mom say somewhere that for every certain number of rooms booked then you get one free.  Just wondering if anyone knew if this is true?

I have 60 people booked so far and I am not getting anything. With my wedding package ($5000) I am supposed to get a room upgrade but that is "if availability allows" so I am not getting my hopes up.  I am also paying a per person fee for everyone over 10 people for my private reception. 

Hi Amy - Congratulations! I was just reading your post and I was curious as to what documents you brought with you to legitamize your nuptials. Did you have a legal ceremony or religous? If it was the former I am curious as to everything you brought with you. Mayra informed me that I won't need to have my birth certificate translated, but I am nervous b/c there seems to be a lot of conflicting information on this site and I've run into some miscommunication on certain things with the coordinators. I am getting married at the Maya on October 8 and am in full on preparation mode. Also, did you choose your flowers prior to your arrival or once you got there. I am having a hard time figuring out what I want based on the available options.

Best,

Amy

Hi

We got married on 31st May at the Maya.  I too was a bit aprehensive about using the spa for my wedding make-up and hair,  Please do not worry, they did a fantastic job for me, i never knew i could look like this, and i never will look so again.  I was blown away with the results, very well worth it.  If you are any thing like me and dont wear much make-up or dont know even where to begin, then trust these girls they really know what they are doing.

If you give me email i will forward some picks to you.

sam 

Hi Amy-

I just got back from our site visit at the Lindo, we're getting married on Jan 22.  We are doing the Catholic ceremony and I was not told that we have to have our birth certificate's translated either.  Please let me know if you find out otherwise.

So where are you having your reception at the Maya?  Are you doing a private reception?  How about your dinner menu?  We chose the surf and turf option from La Marina (Maya's seafood/mediterranean rest) I just LOVE the Maya!  I am telling my guests that if they want to spend a couple extra hundred and upgrade to the Maya it is well worth it!

We met with Lily while we were there and she is wonderful.  As for the flowers, you can email her your inspiration pics for bouquets/centerpieces and she will send them to the resort's florist.  They can make pretty much whatever you want, so don't limit yourself to the choices they sent you if you don't love them.

We requested to meet with the florist while we were there, which they don't normally do, but they made an exception.  He looks about 18 years old!  He does an awesome job.  When we showed up at his workshop, I was shocked to see that he had actually made samples of the three bouquet pics I sent her -- what a pleasant surprise.  We tipped him well for that.

The staff in general is just so eager to please.   That's a huge part of why I love the Iberostar resorts. 

Originally Posted by amylynn77 View Post

Hi Amy - Congratulations! I was just reading your post and I was curious as to what documents you brought with you to legitamize your nuptials. Did you have a legal ceremony or religous? If it was the former I am curious as to everything you brought with you. Mayra informed me that I won't need to have my birth certificate translated, but I am nervous b/c there seems to be a lot of conflicting information on this site and I've run into some miscommunication on certain things with the coordinators. I am getting married at the Maya on October 8 and am in full on preparation mode. Also, did you choose your flowers prior to your arrival or once you got there. I am having a hard time figuring out what I want based on the available options.

Best,

Amy