Jump to content

Photo

2010 Iberostar Weddings


  • Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

#101 finleys7

finleys7
  • Member
  • 703 posts

    Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:56 PM

    Northern Girl thanks for sharing that template...IT'S AWESOME...
    Shannon

    YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
    Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

    #102 FutureMoreno

    FutureMoreno
    • Newbie
    • 92 posts

      Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:48 AM

      Hi Sam 33

      Oh that's so fun that we'll be getting married a day apart! We are thinking in the gazebo- that is up on top of the pool. I ordered my dress, the save the dates are going out in 2 days, but no other firm plans yet. How bout you guys? Happy planning!

      Hi Helen 222- good luck with your choice! We actually have been to the Lindo before on vacation & loved it! The swim up bar was the best, great food, all around good times.

      #103 sam33

      sam33
      • Newbie
      • 62 posts

        Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by FutureMoreno
        Hi Sam 33

        Oh that's so fun that we'll be getting married a day apart! We are thinking in the gazebo- that is up on top of the pool. I ordered my dress, the save the dates are going out in 2 days, but no other firm plans yet. How bout you guys? Happy planning!

        Hi Helen 222- good luck with your choice! We actually have been to the Lindo before on vacation & loved it! The swim up bar was the best, great food, all around good times.
        Hi

        We have sent out our save the day`s earlier in the year. I have just finished making our invitations so they r ready to be sent.

        We have bought favours for our guests, ladies are receiving turquoise printed sarongs, men are receiving white t-shirts (Printed with a mexico motif).

        I have bought turquoise fans for reception had a thought that the guests might get hot sitting in the sun watching the ceromony.
        I have yet to buy bridesmaids dresses think the plan is for me to get them within the next month.

        The most exciting bit of the planning so far is booking photographer Claudia Rodriguez for our day, as photos mean so much to us.

        Have not had the details from the hotel yet. Mayra our W/C did say we will be contacted 3 months b4 our wedding to customise our day.
        I think we are on the ball with most of the planning, the only dilemma i have is my dress !!!!
        I have bought a Ronald Joyce creation, style no 159027, but am not sure its the right one for a destination wedding. Would like to know what you think !!!

        Would love to know how your planning is going, what kind of dress you have chosen, and who is your photographer!!!

        #104 finleys7

        finleys7
        • Member
        • 703 posts

          Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:30 PM

          Sam,

          I can't pull up the picture, when I google the designer and number I get nothing =( Do you have a picture?
          Shannon

          YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
          Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

          #105 Rose13

          Rose13
          • Newbie
          • 39 posts

            Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

            Have you guys run into any "extra" fees? I know in the package it says a dinner for the reception, but do they charge you extra if you want it to just be the wedding people (private I guess)?

            #106 Grand Bride

            Grand Bride
            • Newbie
            • 27 posts

              Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:17 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Rose13
              Have you guys run into any "extra" fees? I know in the package it says a dinner for the reception, but do they charge you extra if you want it to just be the wedding people (private I guess)?
              Hi Rose13,
              Congratulations on your wedding plans! I was told that to book one of the entire restaurants exclusively, there is a fee...approx. $500, depending on the restaurant you choose. I was told that there is no fee if you just decide to reserve a special section of the restaurant for you and your guests. In that case, you probably wouldn't be able to do speeches or anything (because it would disrupt the rest of the restaurant).

              Hope that helps!

              #107 Grand Bride

              Grand Bride
              • Newbie
              • 27 posts

                Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

                Does anyone have any ideas for where to put gifts we receive at our reception in Mexico? We are not having a traditional AHR so I'm sure people will be bringing gifts (I would think probably more cards with checks - since everyone is traveling).

                We are having a private reception at one of the restaurants...should we just put a basket out for cards?? I'm a little nervous about the safety of having everything just sitting out...but it is a private reception.

                Any ideas of what we should do?? Thanks!

                #108 Rose13

                Rose13
                • Newbie
                • 39 posts

                  Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

                  Thanks Grand Bride, that was what I was wondering. I figured there would be some cost, just wasn't sure

                  #109 Ryan's girl

                  Ryan's girl
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 256 posts

                    Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:45 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Grand Bride
                    Does anyone have any ideas for where to put gifts we receive at our reception in Mexico? We are not having a traditional AHR so I'm sure people will be bringing gifts (I would think probably more cards with checks - since everyone is traveling).

                    We are having a private reception at one of the restaurants...should we just put a basket out for cards?? I'm a little nervous about the safety of having everything just sitting out...but it is a private reception.

                    Any ideas of what we should do?? Thanks!
                    I know what you mean about leaving a basket out for cards, it made me nervous so we didn't put anything out. Most of our guests just came and put them on the head table while we were eating dinner. I designated my sister as the "card holder" so whenever someone gave us a card, I would pass it on to her to look after in her purse for the evening.

                    Even with a private reception I'd still be a little bit nervous about leaving them sitting around. JMO though.
                    Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
                    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
                    My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

                    #110 finleys7

                    finleys7
                    • Member
                    • 703 posts

                      Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:45 PM

                      What about a mailbox type of thing for the table. That way once it's in, you can't just walk by and grab it out. The next thing to think about would be, traveling with such a thing.

                      I am wondering the same...
                      Shannon

                      YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
                      Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users