Jump to content

Photo

Royal Cancun


  • Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#61 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
  • Member
  • 677 posts

    Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:40 PM

    Hey Ladies!!

    I was recently married at The Royal in cancun on 6/21/2011........just wanted to let you all know that I can help answer any questions you may have!!!

     

    Happy Planning!!



    #62 geniem

    geniem
    • Newbie
    • 15 posts

      Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

      We have booked with Jose Luis Hernandez after a recommendation from one of the other brides on this forum. I contacted him for more information and he sent me sample videos and photos to look through. He gives you all the digital images which was an absolute must for me! I can cheaply and easily have prints made on my own and/or get wedding albums made on Shutterfly or a hundred other sites! The other big bonus was that he will deliver all the images & DVD before you leave! I wasn't so sure about paying and then waiting for international mail...

       

      So, Jose is doing our photos and video. His work is really nice and the prices are the most reasonable I have found. You can get more info by filling out the contact form on his site. He got back to me the same day only hours after my initial email!

      http://www.joseluishernandez.com/ 

       

      The Royal quoted us $350 USD for their outside vendor fee (ouch) and I would be very interested in getting it waived if anyone has advice on how to do that. I have asked my wedding coordinator (Katia) and she insists that it cannot be done but... 

       

      We have a travel agency looking after all our bookings and I think that is totally the way to go! Our agent handles all the details and concerns - she has arranged for connections and transfer flights for some people so that we can all be on the same flight, she has fought with the resort for guaranteed space and reduced pricing (and won!), she even takes care of the airplane meal requests & seat assignments and rooming lists. My fiance & I got an automatic upgrade to first class and we get 2 more first class seats for every 20 people. I'm sure I would have had at least three aneurysms by now if I had tried to do this on my own!



      #63 Labebita911

      Labebita911
      • Jr. Member
      • 303 posts

        Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:33 PM

        I just contacted Jose Luis today and his price are by far the cheapest and his work is great. Whose your travel agent??

         

        Originally Posted by geniem 

        We have booked with Jose Luis Hernandez after a recommendation from one of the other brides on this forum. I contacted him for more information and he sent me sample videos and photos to look through. He gives you all the digital images which was an absolute must for me! I can cheaply and easily have prints made on my own and/or get wedding albums made on Shutterfly or a hundred other sites! The other big bonus was that he will deliver all the images & DVD before you leave! I wasn't so sure about paying and then waiting for international mail...

         

        So, Jose is doing our photos and video. His work is really nice and the prices are the most reasonable I have found. You can get more info by filling out the contact form on his site. He got back to me the same day only hours after my initial email!

        http://www.joseluishernandez.com/ 

         

        The Royal quoted us $350 USD for their outside vendor fee (ouch) and I would be very interested in getting it waived if anyone has advice on how to do that. I have asked my wedding coordinator (Katia) and she insists that it cannot be done but... 

         

        We have a travel agency looking after all our bookings and I think that is totally the way to go! Our agent handles all the details and concerns - she has arranged for connections and transfer flights for some people so that we can all be on the same flight, she has fought with the resort for guaranteed space and reduced pricing (and won!), she even takes care of the airplane meal requests & seat assignments and rooming lists. My fiance & I got an automatic upgrade to first class and we get 2 more first class seats for every 20 people. I'm sure I would have had at least three aneurysms by now if I had tried to do this on my own!



         


        Future Mrs. Perez 2012

        The Royal Cancun

        Cancun, MX

        July 14, 2012

        Bride and Groom plus

        20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


        #64 Labebita911

        Labebita911
        • Jr. Member
        • 303 posts

          Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:35 PM

          Also you can avoid the vendor fee by just getting them a room at the grand caribe which will be in the 100.00's so you pay less..

           

          Originally Posted by Labebita911 

          I just contacted Jose Luis today and his price are by far the cheapest and his work is great. Whose your travel agent??

           



           



           


          Future Mrs. Perez 2012

          The Royal Cancun

          Cancun, MX

          July 14, 2012

          Bride and Groom plus

          20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


          #65 Bride2B22

          Bride2B22
          • Member
          • 677 posts

            Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:36 AM


            The Royal actually has a new policy.........you cant just book your photographer a room to avoid it.......in fact you cant even avoid it anymore.............get this- You now have to book a minumin of 2 nights AND pay the vendor fee as well!! so you are just better off paying the vendor fee.....and get that in writting before they increase the vendor fee prices!

             


             

            Originally Posted by Labebita911 

            Also you can avoid the vendor fee by just getting them a room at the grand caribe which will be in the 100.00's so you pay less..

             



             



             



            #66 Labebita911

            Labebita911
            • Jr. Member
            • 303 posts

              Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:44 AM

              Are you serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!

               

              Originally Posted by Bride2B22 


              The Royal actually has a new policy.........you cant just book your photographer a room to avoid it.......in fact you cant even avoid it anymore.............get this- You now have to book a minumin of 2 nights AND pay the vendor fee as well!! so you are just better off paying the vendor fee.....and get that in writting before they increase the vendor fee prices!

               


               



               



               


              Future Mrs. Perez 2012

              The Royal Cancun

              Cancun, MX

              July 14, 2012

              Bride and Groom plus

              20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


              #67 goddesslv4

              goddesslv4
              • Newbie
              • 91 posts

                Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:15 PM


                Hey sent you a message in you inbox don't know if you recieved it! loved your pictures and am wondering the brand on the hot pink bridesmaid dress its so cute i love it!!!

                Originally Posted by Bride2B22 

                Hey Ladies!!

                I was recently married at The Royal in cancun on 6/21/2011........just wanted to let you all know that I can help answer any questions you may have!!!

                 

                Happy Planning!!



                 



                #68 Bride2B22

                Bride2B22
                • Member
                • 677 posts

                  Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:31 PM


                  Hey sent you a message in you inbox don't know if you recieved it! loved your pictures and am wondering the brand on the hot pink bridesmaid dress its so cute i love it!!!


                   

                  Hey! Resend it bc I didn't get it! :) My BM dresses were from Allure Bridal!! Style 1229. Here's the link....i paid about $115 for each of them! http://www.allurebri...&product_id=743

                  #69 geniem

                  geniem
                  • Newbie
                  • 15 posts

                    Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:32 PM

                    We are in Canada so we're using a CAA travel agent and our trip provider is Air Canada Vacations. I would recommend going with a AAA-approved agent. I normally do all my bookings online and on-the-cheap but I really didn't want to take any chances with my wedding!



                    #70 Honeylime

                    Honeylime
                    • Newbie
                    • 28 posts

                      Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:05 PM

                      Hey Geniem,

                       

                      I'm planning an April 2012 date to get married at the Royal Cancun. I'm just wondering how many guests you had to book with your CAA travel agent in order to get that awesome upgrade to first class for Air? Are you using Air Canada Vacations? I'm trying to finalize that pricing details so I can start booking my trip by the start of next week. Are you willing to share what sort of reduced pricing your travel agent was able to negotiate for you?

                       

                      Congrats to all Royal Cancun brides and brides-to-be =)))

                       

                      Cheers.
                       

                      Originally Posted by geniem 

                      We have booked with Jose Luis Hernandez after a recommendation from one of the other brides on this forum. I contacted him for more information and he sent me sample videos and photos to look through. He gives you all the digital images which was an absolute must for me! I can cheaply and easily have prints made on my own and/or get wedding albums made on Shutterfly or a hundred other sites! The other big bonus was that he will deliver all the images & DVD before you leave! I wasn't so sure about paying and then waiting for international mail...

                       

                      So, Jose is doing our photos and video. His work is really nice and the prices are the most reasonable I have found. You can get more info by filling out the contact form on his site. He got back to me the same day only hours after my initial email!

                      http://www.joseluishernandez.com/ 

                       

                      The Royal quoted us $350 USD for their outside vendor fee (ouch) and I would be very interested in getting it waived if anyone has advice on how to do that. I have asked my wedding coordinator (Katia) and she insists that it cannot be done but... 

                       

                      We have a travel agency looking after all our bookings and I think that is totally the way to go! Our agent handles all the details and concerns - she has arranged for connections and transfer flights for some people so that we can all be on the same flight, she has fought with the resort for guaranteed space and reduced pricing (and won!), she even takes care of the airplane meal requests & seat assignments and rooming lists. My fiance & I got an automatic upgrade to first class and we get 2 more first class seats for every 20 people. I'm sure I would have had at least three aneurysms by now if I had tried to do this on my own!



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users