Photo

Couples Negril

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 amberlynne87

amberlynne87
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:59 AM

My fiance and I were having a dilemma about which Couples resort to stay at for our honeymoon. After talking with our travel agent, we made the choice between Couples Negril and Couples Swept Away. We are going to be staying at Couples Negril. Although Couples Swept Away is a bigger resort and more laid back, we found quite a few reasons why we liked Couples Negril better: I personally like the Beachfront Suite at Couples Negril better than the Beachfront Verandah Suite and Couples Swept Away. The bathroom has his and her sinks and a huge jacuzzi tub with a separate shower. Not all the rooms at Couples Swept Away have televisions because of the more laid back relaxing atmosphere. Having a television in our room is not that important, but once you don't have certain amenities, you will miss them. We get to have hourderves (sp?) everynight. We can also have a private dinner set up in our room instead of sitting at the restaurants. I'm sure Couples Swept Away is wonderful but Couples Negril fits our tastes more perfectly than Swept Away. Also, I've been reading a lot of reviews on both and I find the pictures more thrilling than at Swept Away. Oh and Couples Negril is closer to Riu Palace Tropical Bay, this way when our guests leave we can say goodbye to them (we will be switching resorts before our friends and family leave) and I would really like to see my daughter before she leaves for home since we won't see her for a few days. Well I could ramble on. But I'm glad we picked a resort! It was so hard at first because both resorts are equally amazing!!

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:12 AM

Yay for making a decision! It feels great to check things off the list.

We are thinking of staying at CN at least for a few days, the next time we go to Jamaica.

We were married at CSA and if that standard of service is what you can expect, you'll have a wonderful time!

#3 jamaicabride10

jamaicabride10
      • 55 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

Congrats on picking a resort Amber!! Sounds like you love it already! Me too, Couldn't decide between Sandals Negril or Beaches Negril (as we have a child coming). We decided on Sandals for almost the same reasons. The rooms are better quality etc!
        Enjoy the planning!
        Isn't it amazing to have found someone who gets you 100%

#4 jamaicabride10

jamaicabride10
        • 55 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

Congrats on picking a resort Amber!! Sounds like you love it already! Me too, Couldn't decide between Sandals Negril or Beaches Negril (as we have a child coming). We decided on Sandals for almost the same reasons. The rooms are better quality etc!
          Enjoy the planning!
          Isn't it amazing to have found someone who gets you 100%

#5 A2Bride

A2Bride
          • 676 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:13 PM

Congrats on picking a resort! We are in a similar situation, trying to decide where to stay for our honeymoon...thinking Sandals or Couples, not sure which one. Our wedding is at BRB, FI has kids so similar to you in terms of being away from them. Congrats again!!! Yeah!!!

#6 meli122

meli122
            • 269 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

Yay! You wont be disappointed, we stayed at Couples 2 yrs ago and it the best vacation ever!!!!! So Im sure your honeymoon will be wonderful.

#7 amberlynne87

amberlynne87
              • 148 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:48 PM

Ahhh! I'm so excited!!! Every time I "check" something off the "list" the wedding becomes more and more real to me and I can't wait. I definitely can't wait to see the resort!

#8 islandbride317

islandbride317
                • 1,866 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:19 AM

Congratulations -- I'm sure it will be the experience of a lifetime! Yea for Jamaica!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users