My First Fitting with (of course)*Pics*

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

Hi Ladies,

So, I went today for my first fitting which I have had to reschedule twice due to recovering from my surgery. It's the first time I have even seen my dress since I bought it -- so I was super nervous and add to that the fact that stomach is still really swollen from surgery; well, I have been a basketcase about these alterations. Needless to say, the seamstress at RK Bridal was fabulous...

The only thing I didn't notice in person that I see now is that the bustline needs to come up to right under my bust. Its too low.. looks like I'm falling out!

Thoughts?

Front (lighting is strange and blurs a bit... but it gives an idea along with my odd facial expression with my chin down so I have 20 chins - don't know why I always do that!)
    Click the image to open in full size.
    Back
    On the hanger.. (so you can see the pattern that was blurred out for some reason)

#2 JOSIE

JOSIE
    • 1,792 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:19 PM

I love the back! Your boobs look awesome!!!!!!! It's perfect for the beach!!! Congrats :)

#3 sn0048

sn0048
      • 264 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:21 PM

You look like a hot tamale! Love the back :)

#4 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
        • Banned
        • 3,639 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:22 PM

You can always get some type of lace or a ribbon to close the front more together if need be or lift up the front more to push those puppers up . You look great in it!

#5 yamille

yamille
          • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

The dress looks great on you!

#6 BillysBride

BillysBride
            • 1,255 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

A.) I can't tell your stomach is swollen at all-so hush!
              B.) LOVE the dress...that shimmery way it picks up the light is beautiful!
              C.) You + that dress....gorgeous! I wouldn't even say you HAD to have the bust line lifted. Just do that if you are uncomfortable with the fit right now, but I honestly think it's fine as is!
              Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
              http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#7 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
              • 1,083 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:26 PM

Josie and Hivani - Thanks so much!! The back is actually what I first fell in love with when I tried on the dress. =) Well, that and its super comfortable while being sexy for FI. LOL.

Scubadiva - Good suggestions! I am going to see what it looks like on my 2nd fitting. It was way too big on top so with the alterations it may sit up higher anyway one it fits better.

#8 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                • 2,777 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:26 PM

oooo Shannon!!! You look GREAt!!!! the back is fabulous and I love the small flower detail under the bust!!! No worries girl you'll look amazing!

#9 alkoch

alkoch
                  • 515 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:29 PM

You look great! I love the pattern!

#10 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                    • 1,083 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:30 PM

Thank you Megashay and Savannah - You two are always so supportive!!!! Sending you a virtual hug for being always so sweet and uplifting!!

Yamille!!! Thanks you too!!! Welcome back.. I haven't heard from you since your big day!! How did it go? =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users