Photo

I need some advice...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 purrfected

purrfected
  • 396 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:53 AM

Ok girls, we all know how stressful it can be planning a wedding while working. Mind you work and my life in general has been so crazy lately. I work for an auto broker and last week someone attempted to steal a 75K Range Rover from me, the week before that I had my purse stolen. Ahh, the joys of living in LA!

I said all this to say that due to the stress my monthly cycle has changed. Now it is exactly 2 months to the day befor my wedding. It used to come in the second week of the month, therefore it would be ending when I left for the wedding. Now.. I am sure due to the stress it has arrived when... TODAY!! What the ? I have to add that I am one of those people who gets a bit crazy during that time of the month. When FI found out that my cycle started this morning he said, "That sucks. Now the day of our wedding you will be mad at me!" I had to laugh at that one.

My question is how do I get it to change to before or after my wedding trip? Any advice or thoughts? I am not on any b/c because we wanted to start trying on the honeymoon. Is there anything I can do?

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:59 AM

Are you taking BC pills? Cause you can change your cycle that way. Other then that, sadly you can't really change how your body is reacting to your added stress.

#3 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:01 AM

you could try to get on birth control pills for a few months. other than that i'm not sure there is anything you can really do

#4 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
        • 4,512 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

I have to agree with the other ladies. I think BC is the only way. If you wanted to go that route I would get on it ASAP since you are only 2 months away and it normally takes a bit for your body to adjust to it.
          *Formerly Nikki07*
          My Planning Thread

#5 JOSIE

JOSIE
          • 1,792 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

oh no! That is terrible news!!! I don't know any way of changing the cycle either except you could start taking BC pills the month before your wedding..........because you need like 2 months straight for them to be effective! So if you only used them the month before, you could delay the period and still start trying on your honeymoon. That's my advice :)

#6 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
            • 1,097 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:38 AM

I htink the girls have said it alll at least try getting on the sugar pills now to adjust your period and since u would need a couple of cycles to adjust. It could be worse, mine came twice!!

#7 SDSteph

SDSteph
              • 812 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:03 AM

I didn't even think about this problem, I might have to changemy date now. hehehe I need to look at a calender and see when it is going to happen next year.

I am sure there are pills avaliable that can get you to start and you can take them twwo weeks or so before. =)

Good luck!
                Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#8 purrfected

purrfected
                • 396 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:06 PM

Thanks everyone. I made an appt to see my doctor. I go today at 3pm. I am going to try to start on the b/c pills this sunday. I will stop taking them right after I get back from my wedding. I sure hope this works!!

#9 Celina

Celina
                  • Banned
                  • 2,811 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:08 PM

It worked for me! I'm certain it will work for you! No one wants that headache on their wedding/honeymoon! Good luck!
                    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#10 Kat81

Kat81
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,615 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:12 PM

maybe the stress of your wedding will change it again :) I was two weeks late for mine and actually took a test in Mexico. I wasn't pregnant and started the day before we left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users