Photo

Attention Photographer!! Recommendations for Maryland/D.C/Virginia???

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Jen

Jen
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

Hi Everyone! I have been totally MIA....I explained in another thread that we decided not to have a DW after all....I'm still not happy about it, but I'm starting to get a little more excited about the wedding here :) BUT, unfortunately its back to square one with all the planning

I was wondering if any of the photographers (or brides!!!) who are on here or visit here would have any recommendations for photographers in the Maryland/D.C/Virginia area? Pictures are really the only thing I care about at the end of all this and would like to have a reliable and recommended photographer :) Thank you in advance for any suggestions!!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:55 PM

i bet leigh could recommend one..she is really good at that.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 jthrasher

jthrasher
    • Banned
    • 486 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

There is a forum for photographers that Leigh Miller and I are a part of. She or I could post a message asking for photographers in that area to respond and who have your date open. PM me with your details and I'll post a message for you and I can email you list of photographers that reply.

#4 leigh miller

leigh miller
      • 936 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:16 PM

yes! here are a few -

laura olson - really nice gal - In His Grace Weddings and Kids Photography, serving, Maryland, Washington DC and Philadelphia
        joe G - good friend and great guy - JPG Photography - Professional Digital Photography
        allegra - another great gal - Allegra's Studio
        the hollands - awesome couple - Holland Photo Arts : Home : Washington DC and Virginia Wedding and Portrait Photographers
        andrew reilly - love him! - Andrew Reilly Photography
        keith cephus - great guy - Keith Cephus Photography

all great photographers that i know :) please tell them i sent you. if they dont work out or arent in your budget i would trust all of them to send you to someone good. best wishes - leigh

#5 Jen

Jen
        • 144 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:21 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jthrasherphoto.com
          There is a forum for photographers that Leigh Miller and I are a part of. She or I could post a message asking for photographers in that area to respond and who have your date open. PM me with your details and I'll post a message for you and I can email you list of photographers that reply.
          THANK YOU!
          yes! here are a few -

laura olson - really nice gal - In His Grace Weddings and Kids Photography, serving, Maryland, Washington DC and Philadelphia
          joe G - good friend and great guy - JPG Photography - Professional Digital Photography
          allegra - another great gal - Allegra's Studio
          the hollands - awesome couple - Holland Photo Arts : Home : Washington DC and Virginia Wedding and Portrait Photographers
          andrew reilly - love him! - Andrew Reilly Photography
          keith cephus - great guy - Keith Cephus Photography

all great photographers that i know :) please tell them i sent you. if they dont work out or arent in your budget i would trust all of them to send you to someone good. best wishes - leigh

SWEET! Thanks Leigh....this is great!

#6 jthrasher

jthrasher
          • Banned
          • 486 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

Leigh beat me to it. :-D if those don't work out... let me know

#7 leigh miller

leigh miller
            • 936 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:13 AM

i also meant to tell you to check out WPJA and [AG]WPJA great resources for finding photographers all over the world :)

let me know if you need anymore help.

#8 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
              • 1,876 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:20 PM

Leigh and Jonathan....you two are so helpful.....that's one of the things I love about this board....that we can all help each other out.

Jen~ Be sure to post the website of the person you use. We all like to look at beautiful photos. And of course, we want to see your wedding pictures too.
                My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#9 Jen

Jen
                • 144 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:13 AM

Well, I heard back from Andrew Reilly, VERY quickly! Probably because I name dropped (hehehehe!) but he IS available on BOTH dates that we are trying to decide between :) I was hoping he would make the decision for us, but oh well! Hopefully we can use him, his pictures are AMAZING!
                  Thank you Leigh for the recommendation!

#10 Jen

Jen
                  • 144 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:51 PM

Okay....I have an appointment with Andrew on Sunday....WHOO HOO!!!! Thanks again Leigh!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users