Fathers Day - What are you guys getting your Dads??

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

• 1,792 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:32 AM

My dads birthday and fathers day are the same day!! I have nothing for him and I feel horrible about it! All I can find that he would LOVE is a stereo that has a USB adapter for his IPOD....but the only one I can find is $300

Looking for ideas from the wonderful BDW ladies!

#2 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

I'm getting my dad a new bird feeder as his was broken by a bear last year. We don't do extravagent gifts in our family and my dad is really simple, so that's a perfect gift for him. We'll also be out at our camp and have a huge BBQ.

#3 JOSIE

• 1,792 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:52 AM

OMG a bear!? That's insane!!!!!!

#4 BBtoB

• 399 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:20 AM

My dad's birthday was last weekend...and with Father's day this weekend, so I did the combined gift too. I went shopping at Kohls. He always needs new clothes, since the only time he gets them is when I get him presents. :)

So I got him a new pair of Khaki shorts, a polo, a nice button up shirt, and new swim trunks. All for him to wear in Mexico. And just the summer in general. He loved it. And I spent about $80 since everything was on sale and I had a coupon. :) Love Kohls!

#5 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:34 AM

Joe's family is really extravagant w/ gifts and my family isn't. My family would freak out if we bought them gifts like we "NEED" to for joe's fam. My dad died when i was young but for my stepdad we bought him a $100 gift card to Lowe's and for joe's dad we bought a wine kaddy.... its luggage for wine it holds 9 bottles of wine and he's been wanting it an it disgusts me on how much we spent on it for f day (as i call it HA)

#6 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:34 AM

My sister and I are cooking my dad dinner on Father's Day - he love that more than tangible gifts.

#7 MissyR

• 1,210 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:37 AM

My dad is a die hard New York Yankees fan and it's near impossible to get Yankees gear in Toronto. My sis and I had DH pick up some awesome gear when he was in New York a few weeks back.

BBQ steak, some specialty beers and a nice afternoon!

#8 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:45 AM

I love all the ideas! All of them sound great. I think that we are just going to give my dad a box of chocolate covered cherries(his fav) and a card. We also might get him a bathing suit. Next year we will go all out for father's day, but this year we are wedding broke

#9 jennie

• 200 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:52 PM

For my dad and Jessie's dad, it's a definite to get them a new bathing suit for the DW. Can you just imagine what they would wear if we didn't lol Also, an outfit to go along with it.

Jessie has a daughter and he soon will be a step dad to my 8 year old. She made a step dad card in school for him. I was very surprised of the fast connection to what's happening because her biological father hasn't been really involved and step out of her life this past January.
                    For Jessie, I bought him a 37" HD FlatScreen TV for the bedroom. He's an electronics fanactic.....for Valentine's Day he whinned and whinned about wanting one for the bathroom lol I said....what are we on MTV CRIBS or something? lol..... So,i have it hidden in the office of my salon until Sunday. I know he will like it. He does alot for us and I don't always have the money, so I've been working overtime and saving for this.

#10 JOSIE

• 1,792 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for all the wondeful ideas ladies!! I'm so excited - my brother just called me and said that my mom & him will go in on the ipod stereo for his car with me. Now the price isn't so bad :)

I think for that will be his bday present and for father's day Jason and I will get him a few bottles of red wine since he loves it :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users