Sign in to follow this  
Amarillis

Top Five Considerations in Choosing a Resort

1) All inclusive

2) Adult only (although we ended up switching to a child friendly one due to one specific baby)

3) Full service spa

4) Comprehensive and reasonably priced wedding packages

5) Allowed outside photographers

Love this!

1. All Inclusive

2. Gazebo overlooking the Beach for ceremony

3. Private DJ & Reception available

4. Package Could Accomodate at least 50 guests included (we kept running into most packages that had only 20 guests included)

5. Water Color & Allowed Children

This is tehnically 6.......but I couldnt cut one out!

I didn't get married at a resort, but here are mine:

1. Must be in St. Lucia

2. No one staying there other than my guests

3. Beach wedding

4. Must be able to have a band

5. Awesome WC

Here are mine:

1. Not an AI

2. Must be on the cliffs

3. Must be able to have private ceremony/reception (and only 1 per day)

4. Must have reasonable prices (both wedding package and rooms for guests)

5. Must allow me to choose my own vendors if I want

haha great chart! I love that you put that together.

My most important were (and sorry if this is a little long winded)

1. All inclusive

2. Because we wouldn't be able to arrange any site visits it was important to me I knew someone who had been to the resort before and could give me an honest, unbiased opinion

3. Free wedding package so we wouldn't be stuck paying for stuff we didn't want but could add on whatever extra we did want

4. Adults only...and family friendly! My sister is the only one under 18 and we couldn't leave her out so ASP is 1/2 adults only and 1/2 family friendly...a perfect compromise for us.

5. Location, most people are flying from North Carolina and Cancun is only a 2 hour nonstop flight away.

Great thread guys, it's interesting to see what everyone considered and how many options there are!

a) cost of wedding package, packages that gave us what we wanted vs. having to add additional services on

B) no multiple weddings taking place at the same time

c) quick response time from coordinator(s)

d) location

e) the look and feel of the chapel

OOH good thread!

1. One wedding a day

2. "Secluded" locations for ceremony

3. All inclusive

4. 4 star or higher but still affordable

5. Allowed outside receptions

Let us know what the results come back as!!