Photo

"Reminder cards"...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

I'm not really sure what they are called, but I noticed some brides sent out "reminder cards" after their formal invites and just enough time before the wedding that if someone did want to book last minute, they could still.

I was literally just typing up free post cards from VP to send out as reminders cards, but now I'm feeling like I'm being pushy?....any thoughts out there?

Here is my particular situation so that you gals can assess appropriately...
    :)

Wedding Date: Dec 4th 2009
    Sent out STD: March 2009
    Sending out Invites: early July 2009 (5 months before wedding)
    *most guests live closeby, so no distant out of towners....

*If I did send out a reminder card it would be around Oct, right? and if you feel I should send one, what would you write on it.....

I was thinking, it could be more of a reminder on what to bring too: passport, etc, etc,
    ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
    My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#2 miss di

miss di
    • 246 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

i was planning on doing this, too. and i think for you, october would be an ideal time.

the info i plan on putting in my little passports, travel brochure, whatever the design may be when the time comes is: how to get to hotel from airport (small map to show the cab driver), how much $$ it should cost to get there - and to beware of the timeshare freaks that line the airport! probably a suggested packing list, weather info - just a bunch of random info to get everyone fired up for the trip. and YES - definitely a passport reminder for those that may have waited till the last minute to get their renewed...

i don't think you can go wrong with a postcard from VP! :)

#3 frazali

frazali
      • 245 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:03 PM

I think it's a great idea. As a guest, I would appreciate the reminder - and the timeframe looks good as well.

#4 Taghan

Taghan
        • 239 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:00 AM

I think it's a great idea! Especially adding the extra little helpful reminders about passport, etc...

#5 Ashley0802

Ashley0802
          • 279 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:05 AM

i think its a great idea and not too pushy at all.. some people maybe have thought they couldnt go before, and maybe with a reminder they could have the dates open to go now.

#6 big3n09

big3n09
            • 616 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:07 AM

I agree it's a good idea, I wouldn't feel like you were being push at all, people are busy and could forget to book or something they may need. It will probably be more appreciated than anything.
              4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#7 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
              • 612 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:42 AM

Thanks everyone! The VP postcards are free, so I figure might as well order them. I was thinking of saying something like this....
                "If you are planning on joining us in Puerto Vallarta, this is a loving reminder for a few things...(then I'll go into passport/airline luggage requirements/packing list and remind everyone about the wedding website)"
                Thanks for giving me the confidence girls! I'm glad I asked!
                ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
                My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#8 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                • 1,083 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:07 AM

Your timeframe looks great. We sent out pre-travel brochures in May 2008; our wedding is in August 2009; invites were sent out in February 2009 and STD's went out October 2008.

I don't have the brochure on this computer ... but I borrowed the format from different BDW gals suggestions and samples. It's on FI's computer I will try to upload it later if you want to see it. We included everything from destination information, timelines, packing lists, reminders, etc...

#9 MrzzMel

MrzzMel
                  • 48 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Thank you this is very helpful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users