Aunt pisses me off

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:24 PM

Okay Ladies.. I need to vent..

I just got off the phone with my dad and aunt. My dad tells me hey, you need to talk to your aunt.. she is informing us that its not safe to travel to mexico for your wedding.. WTF you got to be kidding me.. So he calls my aunt on the three way.. and low and behold yeah she says.. and not only that..she says its her duty to inform the whole family that its not safe to travel to mexico.. (first it was the drug cartels, swine flue, and now kidnappings in cancun). I am royally pissed at the moment. WTF why would you do this to someone. I can understand that you dont want to come, but really you are trying to convince everyone else not to come also.. when I asked about it she was like its my job.. unless I can convince you to change the location. I told her the wedding is 1yrs away.. im sure whatever ban you have cooked up will be gone by then.."until theres another one" was her response. Well it really pissed me off that she told my Father not to come.. at this point I was in tears.. I couldnt believe it.. and I think I blurtd out you bitch. At told him and her that if you come you come if you dont ..well the wedding is still on.. when FI saw me, he was like if they dont come, we are still getting married..regardless.. as long as we show up.. then games on!. I was just so pissed at the fact that she was encouraging family not to show up instead of letting make the decision themselves. I know that in the end, everyone maynot show up, which is fine.. but dont paint a picture like you are going, and then abck out. .I honestly think its because they booked a room that they cant afford.. they booked the presidental suite for two weeks.. but anyway.. I feel much bette now. Oh, so would it very wrong not send an invite, travel brochure, etc. since you already said that you would be joining us since we wont change the location?

Thanks for listening ladies

#2 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
    • 247 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

Hey mods.. can this post be moved to the venting threads.. I thought thats where I was

#3 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
      • 4,512 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

OMG that's horrible! I would be super pissed too. She sounds like a know-it-all, always got something to say drama queen to me. Do you think the rest of the family will really take her seriously or would they just disregard whatever she was saying because they probably know what she's like? I agree with your FI though, the wedding should still be on as planned. It's crazy to get all worked up when its a year away!! The way I look at it is, bad things can happen anywhere! In terms of "safety" the numbers have to be relative and put into perspective. You might hear about a few instances about Mexico on the news, but how many things happen in your own area that you don't even hear about, KWIM?
        Good luck and keep us posted!
        *Formerly Nikki07*
        My Planning Thread

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

wow i cant believe you aunt did that. that's messed up. She never should of told your dad not to go to his own daughters wedding. She's way out of line. I hope she keeps her big mouth shut. Mexico will be fine in a year and she'll be at home wishing she would of gone.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
          • 340 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:09 PM

That's a terrible thing to do to someone! Does she live in a bubble where nothing bad ever happens?! Bad things happen everywhere! Your FI is right...it's your wedding and all that really matters is that the two of you are there.

#6 JOSIE

JOSIE
            • 1,792 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:10 PM

I'm so sorry!!! All I can say is I can relate, and I went through the same thing with My FI's GM's wife.......she was such a bitch and started sending everyone articles on how unsafe it is. She then decided to book at a different resort and started calling FI's friends and asking them to stay at this different place...trying to convince people NOT to stay at our resort. I was fuming. Probably how you're feeling right now. I am glad you stood up for yourself and made it known that you're not changing locations........especially when its a $()%*$( year away!!!!!! That is ridiculous. What does your dad say I'm sure the rest of the guests will not be swayed by her, don't worry!!!!!!!!! As most girls say on here, chances are: if people WANT to come, they will be there!!!!!!!!! Look at all the girls on the forum who had weddings smack in the middle of swine flu and the true blue guests stuck it out with them!!!!

I'm sorry you're going through this!!!!!!! What a

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:16 PM

OMG she is HORRIBLE and seriously needs to be put in her place. I think you should send a pre-emptive email to your whole family letting them know that it is safe, why and they you and your FI would NEVER put yourselves or your family in danger. that your Aunt is on a rampage and will most likely be contacting everyone with negative information that is NOT based on the truth so you are giving them a heads up blah blah blah.

p.s. i will move this for you :)

#8 BillysBride

BillysBride
                • 1,255 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:33 AM

Either she's completely paranoid...or this is personal some how.

No-I wouldn't send her an invite or anything else. Not sure if thats your question, but wanted to cover it. As for your dad, send it-but ..what was his point in telling you this? Is he like, actually LISTENING to what she is saying? If so, forget him too. I mean, seriously, it even SOUNDS like lunatic ravings and paranoia. I'd look up some stats on Mexico tourism and fling 'em at her. How out of the tens of thousands of Americans that holiday in the area every year, the number of tourists encountering a problem of ANY kind is so miniscule.....it's hard to reason with hard facts. But sounds like it woulnd't matter to her anyway, because she's just paranoid and all her wires aren't real tight, if ya know what I'm saying.
                  Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                  http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#9 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
                  • 376 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:02 PM

Oh man, there's always someone, right?
                    She probably can't handle the idea of the attention going all to someone else!!

Imagine that, asking someone to move their location. Who DOES that?

#10 vivrant_thing

vivrant_thing
                    • 56 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

WOW.... i'm speechless... all i can say is what a major B*TCH.. i woudl be so pissed too. i have a relative that pisses me off like that too and i just can't think about her without my blood pressure rising

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users