Photo

I love this dress but is it not "beach" enough?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 lexibride

lexibride
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

I always thought about the perfect beach wedding and I'm trying to find a dress that I love, but I want a WOW dress and fell in love with this one, however, I want it to be fitting for the beach and not too formal.....is this too formal?

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 lexibride

lexibride
    • 276 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:30 AM

BTW - that's NOT me....I should add that, while I do have brown hair and all, I just wanted to be sure to post that is the model from the website! I wish I looked that good, LOL!

#3 Banana11

Banana11
      • VIP Member
      • 8,841 posts

It's beautiful! And if you love it, it will be perfect wherever your wedding is!

#4 Donie Jordan

Donie Jordan
        • 381 posts

I think it is absolutely gorgeous! You can always have them make the train shorter if that is your concern. I love Jim Hjelm dresses!

#5 ~*DiAnE*~

~*DiAnE*~
          • 1,418 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:33 AM

I think it's great!! If you love it, I say go with it!! :)

#6 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
            • 573 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:34 AM

It is beautiful I would go for it. After the ceremony you could always bussle (sp?) the train. That is what I am planning on doing. I love the trains and that is not too long. But think about what you are walking over, and if there is anything your dress could snag on (twigs, and sticks and such) ask them to put a runner down. They cold use a bamboo runner or palm leaves are always nice too.

#7 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:35 AM

When I first saw it all i could think was beach. there have been several BDW girls w/ these type of dresses and the look AMAZING on the beach!

#8 lexibride

lexibride
                • 276 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:37 AM

Yay, yay YAY!! I'm so glad you guys all feel this way!! I love this dress too....I mean, I have to try it on, but I have a few dresses cut similar to this and it just works well on my body type, so I'm hoping it will be "the one" when I go trying on dresses!!!

#9 jrprice24

jrprice24
                  • 91 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:39 AM

I agree. It is your wedding and you should feel beautiful. I bought a dress initially online but never go the "wow I feel pretty"(oh so pretty :) so after second guessing myself, I now have a second dress that I do feel great in. I initially thought that a DW should have a certain type of dress-small train, not too flowy, etc. but in the end it is really what you want and you can use whatever dress you want. Remember it is your wedding day and you'll only have one of them so dress like you want.
                    I am now Mrs. Rohwedder!!

#10 GregsBride

GregsBride
                    • 333 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:13 AM

That is such a gorgeous dress, IMHO I think it is the ideal dress for a beach wedding!!! Great choice!!
                      ~Christina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users