Share your most memorable moment from your wedding day.
Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:20 AM
- Married ladies share your most memorable moment from your day. Brides-to- be do it when you get back!
I have many but my top 5 that keep playing over and over again are:
1) having my private first look with fi and walking backwards towards each other and seeing his face for the first time.
2) hearing billie holliday's "come rain or come shine" start playing and seeing everyone weeping from afar as our mom's and wedding party walked down the aisle. ( we delayed our ceremony because of rain)
3) seeing my dad weep and get completely choked up when he gave his speech during dinner.
4) Hearing my husband recite an amazing poem he wrote about us and our love. I couldn't breathe.
5) Overhearing my dad hug and kiss T and say "you are my son now. I need to take care of you." and more it was just the way he said it... touched me.
alright ladies... share!
Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:27 AM
1. Having a massage and walk on the beach with hubby the morning of our wedding
2. We did "first look" photos prior to the wedding, and I'll never forget the nervous face of hubby. It was a great moment and I'm so glad we did it.
3. Our vows to each other
4. When we were doing family photos, we were hit by a wave, it was so funny.
Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:35 AM
1. Our first look. FI was downstairs and I told my girlfriends to send him up. He was all "we're behind schedule... what does she need?!" And when he got upstairs his jaw dropped and he just stood there agape. Fabulous!
2. Just after the ceremony started, I was getting a little weepy and then I realized! I leaned over to FI and whispered "I forgot by freakin' bouquet in the room!" we laughed and that was it for my tears!
Happily married since 2008
Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more
Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:41 AM
Becks I can totally see that happening cause I almost forgot mine. funny
Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:28 PM
1. My most memorable moment by far:
DH said he didn't want to see me until I walked down the aisle, so we didn't do a 'first look' for pictures.... But the minister took it even further... he wouldn't let DH turn around until I got all the way down the aisle and was standing right next to him.
He's not an emotional person but when he turned to face me, and saw me for the first time that day, his eyes welled up with tears and he choked up. He even grabbed his handkerchief from his pocket. I thought I'd be the one crying at the wedding, not him!
It was so sweet and caught everybody off-guard-- they all started crying.. my bridesmaids, my sister, his mom, his aunt... My eyes welled up but I was so happy, I just kept on grinning through the tears.
2. We had a steel drum band for our ceremony and they were perfect. After the wedding, champagne was handed out to everybody for a toast, and the band kept on playing and picked up the pace some more... and FI and I couldn't help but to start dancing. So our first dance was right then and there. Loved it!
3. Relaxing on the beach with the girls, the morning of the wedding. Wouldn't get to do that if I didn't have a DW!
Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:14 PM
~ Seeing him dressed in all white waiting for me on the beach as I started my walk was priceless. We hadn't seen each other in something like 10 hours and he looked so handsome I couldn't wait to get to the end of the aisle!
~ During the reception that night the ocean started glowing with bright blue dots, some sort of electric plankton that came out of nowhere and started washing up on shore. The moon was full and it was magical
~ Partying with him until the wee hours of the morning at a nightclub after the reception...we had a blast. I was up 24+ hours and not tired, that's what I call the wedding high
Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:43 PM
~Looking at my MIL and seeing a mountain of tissue on her lap (she got a teensy bit emotional)
~trying to get the ring on my husbands finger only to push it too hard resulting in a re-broken finger (long story short, hubby broke the finger a month or so before but didn't go to the doctor. Finger healed, but now ring wouldn't fit over knuckle..fun times!)
~our first dance in the sand, and having a wave crash up beside us
~seeing my neice sitting in the sand in her pretty dress, acting as if there were nothing else going on but her being able to sit and play, it was too cute
Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:18 PM
1) When I cried during my vows and my hubby squeezed my hands lovingly
2) When we kissed at end of ceremony cause it was so sweet
3) Our first dance
[IMG]<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=ti ckers"><img src="http://global.thebump.com/tools/tickers/tt375c9.aspx" alt=" Trying to Conceive Ticker" border="0" /></a>[/IMG]
Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:45 PM
Maureen~ I totally have an "obey" moment too that cracks me up every time I think of it.
While Ron was repeating his vows I added 'and obey' for him to repeat. It was a nice, light, funny moment that made everyone, including our minister, laugh.
When I first got to the front of the alter Ron whispered in my ear wondering if he was in the right place, if everyone else was where I wanted them and asking what he was supposed to do next. It was cute.
And, my absolute favorite moment was right before we kissed. The minister stopped us, paused and said to enjoy and take in the moment because this would be our last, first kiss. It was so sweet and something I will never forget.
Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:56 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users