Photo

I finally went dress shopping today!!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
  • 369 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:30 PM

I had a great time at the bridal salon today with my sister! I tried on about 10 dresses in all different sillouites (sp?). I was actually right as far as mermaid gowns looking best on me. I'm torn between two gowns.. And they were actually on sale (ends next weekend). I'm going to go to another shop this week before making any decisions. I wish I had pics but they wouldn't let me take any. Just wanted to share. Thanks ladies!

#2 jk1101

jk1101
    • 2,582 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

Yay - Congratulations on a successful shopping experience. If you know the name/brand of the dresses you like you can probably find them online.

My girlfriend and mom were sneaking pics of me with their cell phones at my shop.

#3 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
      • 369 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:37 PM

Petals from this forum has the dress on in her review that I love! She told me it was a discontinued style from Allure bridal. I'm so torn! I'm just afraid its too soon to buy the dress, but I love it.

#4 BillysBride

BillysBride
        • 1,255 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

Aww, glad it went well! I think that your first trip out can definitely set the tone for how you feel about the entire process of picking/buying a dress. Glad things went well and you seem like you know the type of style you want.

Don't feel pressured due to the sale. The beautiful thing about having time is that those things always come back around again! If you fall in love a gown, get it, but don't feel pressured!
          Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
          http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#5 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
          • 369 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

I know... Its easier said than done. But like you said...Atleast I know the style of dress. I have this feeling like I MUST choose the dress. I'm going to do my best not to rush this.

#6 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
            • 1,572 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

My advice is to not rush it-- I ended up as a two-dress bride because I bought my first dress too early (it was on sale...)

Once it arrived, I knew it wasn't *me* and ended up going out on my own like 5 months before the wedding and finding the dress that was a perfect match for my style!

My first dress still hasn't sold, and that money is just gone.

#7 eloping789

eloping789
              • 290 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:21 AM

I think you should wait until you know it's "THE ONE" or you might end up not loving your dress or like petals said, buying a second one and trying to sell the first. I bought mine really quickly (only went to one store and bought it that day), but I definitely knew that it was the perfect dress for me. Good luck and don't feel pressured - you have lots of time and there are lots of dresses!!

#8 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
                • 369 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:27 PM

thanks everyone for the advice!

#9 Gr8ful

Gr8ful
                  • 155 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:13 PM

Dress shopping is SO much fun! I could do it every day, honestly! Congrats on your first trip! I wish you could have taken pictures b/c I would have loved to have seen them!
                    Keep looking, and I agree -- do not buy right away -- there are plenty of dresses out there. You will have fun finding it!
                    Mine is a mermaid style as well. I didn't think it would look good, but it did.
                    Have fun with the search!

#10 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
                    • 369 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:41 PM

I'm going to David's Bridal tomorrow night, Ill be sure to post pics on Thursday!
                      Hoping to have a good experience...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users