Jump to content


9.10.11- should we book early or wait?

  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 heartbeat

  • Jr. Member
  • 228 posts

    Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:07 PM

    So we finally picked a date! Now i'm just wondering when we should book the wedding at the resort. For local weddings i know pple have already booked their location for this date (found this info out from other forums). But since i'm having a DW do i need to book early also or not worry about it because it wont be an issue for me? Also, for photographers should i book early?

    #2 LadyD

    • Newbie
    • 108 posts

      Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:53 AM

      Hi Hearbeart!

      Congrats on picking a date! Have you already decided on a resort? That is usually the hardest part. Find out how much it costs to reserve or hold the date at that resort.

      It might be too early to look into airfare and hotel rates since 2011 rates might not be published yet. So I would probably wait a little while for that.
      Enjoyed a FANTASIC wedding in Mobay with 95 of our closest friends and family!!

      #3 Donie Jordan

      Donie Jordan
      • Jr. Member
      • 381 posts

        Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:08 AM

        We are also planning a 2011 wedding and have decided to do a site visit in October of this year before we begin to book anything. Most hotels/resorts will not book more than 1 1/2 years out.

        #4 heartbeat

        • Jr. Member
        • 228 posts

          Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:21 PM

          Thanks for the info ladies! i figured i should wait (or would have to wait..lol) just wanted to hear what other ppl thought. I dont know what resort i actually want yet... i know a resort in Montego Bay and i'm leaning towards the RIU but since i have SOOOO much time i'm still researching :)!

          Donie Jorden- have you picked an exact date yet?

          #5 jamaicabride10

          • Newbie
          • 55 posts

            Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

            Hi Heartbeat!
            I am having the same problem! I want to book it now as we have a date in mind (March 2011) but as we are travelling so far there are only flights scheduled until March 2010. Currently there is only 1 airline flying twice a week and that could change! As we cannot book our trip until Next year I can't even give my guests a date!

            My guests cannot even get a rough price on the trip (neither can we) as TA says the prices could change dramatically...although I don't believe this & am currently basing it on this years prices. I'm so frustrated sitting here with all the planning done & can't book a thing for 12 months!!
            Isn't it amazing to have found someone who gets you 100%

            #6 Donie Jordan

            Donie Jordan
            • Jr. Member
            • 381 posts

              Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:15 PM

              As of now, we're hoping for June 3, 2011, but of course that could change once we actually get to the booking phase of things. We've chosen San Jose del Cabo as our destination, but the specifics are still up in the air. We had hoped on a private villa wedding, but even the villa owner will not book that far in advance! I agree that it is hard to give guests an idea of prices, but we looked at the highest flights a year out and are hoping it won't go up much more than that - guess it's very dependent on gas prices. Good Luck.

              #7 angie8119

              • Jr. Member
              • 198 posts

                Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

                Well I think its great you picked a date, and a site visit is a great idea because you do have time. However, picking a resort is TOUGH!!!! Definetely start researching at the least, but yes as mentioned earlier the rates probably arent published and that may sway you...

                #8 cake2121

                • Newbie
                • 45 posts

                  Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:46 PM

                  Hi there!

                  From what I learned it is better to book later! Our wedding is this July and we booked in Jan. and our price went down 2000 bucks at least we saved 1200 of it!

                  Good Luck!

                  #9 hwannamaker

                  • Newbie
                  • 35 posts

                    Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

                    We are also having our wedding in May 2011 but there are so many places to choose from in Negril that we are having a hard time narrowing it down :) At least we still have time!

                    #10 hwannamaker

                    • Newbie
                    • 35 posts

                      Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:39 PM

                      We are also having our wedding in May 2011 and we are having a hard time narrowing everything down! We really like Negril Escape but I am not sure how far in advance I would have to book them?

                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users