Photo

I need Help!! Did Anyone choose Parsols over Bouquets for Bridesmaids?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:39 PM

Question...

I was thinking about doing Parasols as well but we are getting married in a gazebo... would that look stupid for the BMs to have them while they are in the gazebo?
    Cristi & Jamie
    http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

#42 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
    • 445 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:40 PM

clfaidl2 - where did you get your real touch flowers? Thinking about going that route...
      Cristi & Jamie
      http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

#43 sweetiecat

sweetiecat
      • 186 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:28 AM

I'm seriously considering parasols, but it may be because I've always wanted one!

Cristi, you could have them use the parasols as they are walking down/up the aisle but close them while they are standing in the gazebo for the ceremony. They will be handy during pictures as well.

#44 roo66

roo66
        • 1,001 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

Another idea is to do just one big plastic/fake flower and tie the stem with ribbon.I am now thinking of doing something very similar.At a wedding fair a lady was selling what i can only describe as umm how will i describe it i need to think!!!
          Ok its almost a sleeve for a single real or plastic gerbera.The sleeve as ive renamed it is made out of silver wire ummm that sounds naff!!! pretty wire sparkly. The stem slips into the sleeve and at the top she makes a leaf shapes in the same wire.You can add a gem in the centre for added sparkle.£15.00 each

#45 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
          • 445 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:51 AM

Thank you Sweetiecate and Roo66!
            Cristi & Jamie

#46 42010bride

42010bride
            • 91 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

We are actually considering using Parasols as hey are cheaper than flowers.

#47 wemkulaf

wemkulaf
              • 190 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:14 PM

This is a good idea, my bridesmaid dresses are floral design, so thinking of using parasols instead of bouquets. Thanks for the idea. Again this forum is great information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users