Jacqueline's wedding planning thread!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
  • VIP Member
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

Ok soooo first I'm sorry this is late, but I figured better late then never ;o)

I want to send a special thanks to my dear friend Carly! She introduced me to BDW, and has helped me so much! I have also made a new good friend thanks to BDW, Kristen (kristendotcom), who has helped me as well. We got a chance to hang out a few times in Maui and will hang out again soon enough I'm sure when she MOVES back to Jersey ;o) Even though I decided not to have a destination wedding, you BDW girls were still very helpful and welcoming so thank you ALL so much! I'm not sure where to start - I am SOO not good at this stuff- so I'll just begin!

Attire- w/ full slip, finger tip veil and Nicole Miller head piece
    Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

E-ring and bands- Joe has obviously worn his bands so they are lil scratched already, I just made him take the one off so I could take pic. They are titanium, picture not turning out so nice.
    Click the image to open in full size.
    Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Earrings-
    My dad got me my earrings, I loved these and can't wait to wear them some more;o)
    Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Hair inspiration-

#2 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
    • VIP Member
    • 3,160 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:16 PM

Groom & RB attire I don't have pix but you will see soon when I post. Charcoal gray tux with ivory shirt, tie and vest, and black shoes for the groom and RB. The GM & fathers will wear the same tux and shirt, but with a gray and black vest with a black tie and shoes.

Bridesmaids, Jim Jhelm Occasions Collection- Dresses were in EGGPLANT.
      This is the MOH dress-

this one my 2 BMs-

FG-
      Davids Bridal in IVORY. The detail on the bottom is similar to the detail on the bottom of my dress. I couldn’t copy pic so just attached website- (car feel free to add pix, I know how u hateee when I don’t put the pic up)

Centerpieces-
      I supplied 8" round clear vases, eggplant purple votive holders, votive candles and peacock feathers. The florist did a great job on creating them for me. Once I get some professional pix, I'll post them. It was basically the vase filled with peonies and peacock feathers, three purple votive holders on the side w/ the candle.
      Bulk Glass Cylinder Vases, 7½" at DollarTree.com

#3 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
      • VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:17 PM

Flower inspirations-
        Mine were soft pink peonies with ivory callas spread throughout & ostrich plumes hanging off. She also added crystals inside the callas. The BM had ivory peonies with a touch of peacock feathers, calla for groom, and peacock feathers for the rest of the boys. FG will had small bouquet of peony’s.
        Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Cake inspiration without the crystals. The bakery didn’t have them and I got into other stuff and never got them :o( But the real cake looked great, very similar to this-

Guest book and Ring Bear pillow matched the FG dress. I hot glued ivory fabric to the pen with a huge ostrich feather and finished it off with tiny crystals- pix to follow ;o) I felt pretty crafty afterward.

Garter-

#4 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
        • VIP Member
        • 3,160 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:18 PM

Bridal party gifts-
          Our very own BDW's Courtney (agape gems) was so wonderful to work with! She custom made my girls swarvorski crystal earrings and necklace with a crystal drop in the back. They are actually the same color crystal as my earrings. I also got my girls antique silver jewelry boxes- Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Courtney made my FG necklace as well, I got her girlie stickers, nail polishes, rock candy, and some costume jewelry too. No pix of that, SORRY. I did a lot of this last minute (shocker) and so I forgot to take pix of everything.

RB- I got him a pair of Chuck Taylor sneakers (he loved them and wore them to the reception), a PSP baseball game and rock candy as if he needs any more sugar-

#5 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
          • VIP Member
          • 3,160 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

GM-
            12 oz beer mug with their LAST name engraved only- Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Moms-
            a wooden musical jewelry box that has a picture insert on top. My mom has the tune "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", MIL has the tune "Amazing Grace". The songs were picked out especially for them since they love those songs. These were beautiful.

Dads- a silver antique style pocket watch that is embellished with "Dad" on the front, and the back is engraved with "Thanks for the all the timeless memories! We love you!" all purchased at Click the image to open in full size.

My photographer I met through Carly and she is a former BDW member. I noticed her pictures when she did Alyssa's bridal shower photos and Carly's BD shoot. She is an absolute gem and is so easy to work with! I’d like to say I made a friend out of her too. She had an assistant with her and he was great too. -
            Danielle Durie Design

The DJ we are using is Schaffer Sound Productions. BDW's Lizz recommended them and I read a lot of good stuff about them. They are very great to work with! They did a fab job and I'd def recommend them!
            Schaffer Sound Productions

Coming soon, our HM pix and wedding pix- non pro and pro! I hope I didn’t forget anything...tell me if I did. Also feel free to PM me with any questions.

PEACE!

#6 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

oh and can a mod change the subject to wedding planning thread!!!! this isnt a review, sorry.

#7 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

Jac- everything looks sooo great! I love your style! Plus who couldn't love another couple named jac and Joe!

Can't wait for wedding pics!

#8 marny61

marny61
                • 165 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

I love your colors - very elegant and the idea of a donation in lieu of a favor is very thoughtful.

Thanks for sharing!

#9 yamille

yamille
                  • 1,460 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:45 PM

It looks great. I like your invites and I really like the engaving on the GM thing.

#10 Corvette79

Corvette79
                    • 200 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:07 AM

WOW! I love your stuff!!!! THanks for posting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users