Stressed out...Is it Rude?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Amarillis

• 1,913 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by cdnvb9
    We arent having an AHR frankly b/c we don't want to. If we wanted an at home reception we would have gotten married at home.
    I agree whole-heartedly!!!! We had a rather big DW (86 guests) and prior to leaving had a stag and doe (hosted by our wedding party) -- which I like to consider our 'local dance/drunk party' -- I never even considered an AHR, especially since so many see it as a gift grab.

Don't do it, and don't feel guilty!

#22 Ashleykmorgan

• 98 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:19 AM

I agree!! DONT DO IT! I just got back from my amazing DW last week, and have my AHR in August. I totally want to cancel it, I already had my perfect wedding day, i don't need to do it all over again for people who didn't come to my wedding... I am DREADING it and already tried to cancel it, but we would lose our deposit...
      Ashley...The bride that cannot make decisions!

#23 SSNM

• 675 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:56 PM

I am not having an AHR because I can't afford to and as someone previously mentioned, if we really wanted to celebrate at home we would have just gotten married at home. Also, I am not obligated to buy everyone food and drink just because I am getting married. My life with my FH comes first and unless I can still have the lifestyle I want after I am married, an AHR really is not high on the priority list.

#24 *tanga*

• 140 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:29 PM

it is you wedding so do what you feel is right - You will have enough to do with the move let alone organising a AHR in the short time you will be home before the big move (plus it is a long enough flight to get "down here" to Australia without being stressed out)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users