Sign in to follow this  
avb1983

We're officially booked- Ocho Rios, Jamaica @ Dunn's River!

So we are booked..I sent out save the dates today...I ordered my dress yesterday....my wedding is in 6 months!!! So much to do, so little time!

CONGRATULATIONS! Isn't it an amazing feeling to have it "locked in" and now the real planning fun can begin?! Whew, so you're gonna have your work cut out for you, sure, but the next few months are going to fly by and you'll be walking down the aisle to your sweetie before you know it!

I just booked my trip on Saturday to Sandals Grande Ocho Rios - and we're not even getting married until May next year! I am just a paranoid type of bride, and I always convince myself that if I don't "do it now" then either I will go back to order something later and it will be discontinued/sold out... or someone else beat me to it and grab something I wanted before I get a chance! Crazy, I know, but what can you do, right? wink.gif

One word of advice as your delve into your planning over the next few months:

USE THIS FORUM as the incredible resource that it is to make your wedding day a total dream come true! I've met so many fantastic women with amazing ideas I plan to incorporate into my big day, and I may not have come up with them on my own. BDW is such a blessing!

Keep us posted on EVERYTHING, girlie!

I will be glad when I can finally get our wedding day booked. I'm a grad student, and I'm waiting on them to release our fall class schedule so I won't end up picking a week I have class. We are going to get married in October, just the two of us. They said it should be out at the beginning of this week so I hope its in the next day or so. I know they are having a sale right now and I don't want to miss out. But we want to get married at Sandals Dunns River as well. I'm so excited for you!

Congratulations! We are spending our honeymoon part of the DW in Dunns Falls too. I originally booked it for SGOR but changed my mind. That brick burning pizza oven right on the beach was calling to me, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dst10spr97 View Post
Wait. Dunns River has a pizza oven on the beach! I think I'll never want to come home. LOL
Ditto!!We plan on visiting Dunns Rivera few times just for the pizza!

Congrats to you! The fun stuff begins now with the planning. Don't get too stressed out. It will be beautiful, no matter what you chose to do for your special day.

Use the forum! I've gotten so many great ideas from the ladies on this site. When i've had moments to vent about, they cheered me right back up and put things into perspective again.

Congrats