Review - Photographer Michael Maurus/Cancun Wedding Photography

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#11 MarieSam

• VIP Member
  • 2,336 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:12 AM

OMG hun, I'm so sad you had to go through such an awful experience Honestly, when I was reading your review my mouth was dropped open half the time. He sounds like an absolute egotistical pompous ass who needs a swift kick in his unprofessional ass! AND certainly the least of what a bride and groom need on an already stressful day. And if you say another bride PMed you about her bad experience, then it sounds like he is prone to this attitude with his clients and that is really disappointing.

I think the good reviews as well as one's like this are like gold to future brides, and I think it's great you were honest and willing to share your experience despite how bad it was.

I'm glad to hear though that you have at least some pictures you really like and others you can gather from the resort photog and friends/family. I remember admiring your planning thread so I know you have awesome taste and hopefully a "collection" of photos will give you a beautiful album of memories regardless.

#12 BeachBride10

• 169 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:42 AM

That is terrible! I am so sad for you. I can't believe how unprofessional he was and how crapy he made you feel on your day. It shouldn't be like that. Anyways, I am sorry that happened to you but thank you for sharing your story for future brides.

Bride & Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#13 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:02 AM

oh my. im so incredibly sad for you guys! wedding pics are like one of the most important things a bride looks forward to and its not like you can re-do them

i believe your review was incredibly honest and you even tried to give him the benefit of the doubt a couple times. i hope it helps other brides who are thinking of booking him!

our very own mod sarah does albums www.sproulliedesigns.com (her website is very basic at the moment because its under construction but trust me, she's good!), and a lot of girls have found success on their own using www.mpix.com.

#14 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:16 AM

WOW, what a horrible experience, I' am so sorry. Did you at least get some photos that you like?

#15 Sparkles8300

• 349 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:17 AM

Oh sweetie, I feel so bad On a positive note, at least you know that nobody who uses this forum will EVER use him ever again! He sounds like a nightmare. Honestly from what you have said, I feel like he is the real life version of Borat. I am so sorry that you had to go through this.

My Planning Thread:http://bestdestinati....c-heavy-53105/Our Sungold Photograpy Slideshow to music:http://www.sungoldph....otter-hooters/http://tickers.Ticke....3c97/event.png

#16 Dee83

• 108 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:46 AM

Im soooo sorry you had to go through that but thanks for posting your review and warning other brides about him.

#17 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

Oh I am so sorry he did that to you. That is just not right!
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#18 edna

• Site Supporter
              • 1,360 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:26 AM

I am really sorry about this and thank you for posting your review , definitely will help future brides to take decisions

#19 becks

• VIP Member
                • 4,881 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                • LocationNew York

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:42 AM

OMG. That is AWFUL! I mean, seriously... what is wrong with people?!?! I'm so sorry it was such a bad experience. It might have been tolerable if the photos had been spectacular, but crap photos, too?! Unbelievable.

I commend you for taking the time to share the truth with the other brides. It's tough to say anything nasty about someone, but sheesh.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#20 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,680 posts
                • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                • LocationUtah

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:08 AM

WOW. That is horrible. I mean you were a proactive bride and still got screwed.

Thank you so much for sharing your honest review. I hope this doesn't happen to any more future brides out there. Yuck just reading it makes my tummy hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users