Sign in to follow this  
OROBride1008

Venting:Bummed About Having To Go To The Court House Before We Go To Jamaica

ORO- keep us posted on how things work out :) I hope you can find a solution, or he can hang on to his job for a few more months!

I will definitely keep you ladies posted. As of right now the game plan is to wait out and see over the next 90 days if he gets laid off. If he does we will head to the courthouse the next day. If he doesn't then as long as no one will give me a problem with the temporary license, we will just do it down there. Thanks for all your help ladies :0)

hang in there ORO, I hope everything works out for you guys. If the worst case scenario happened though, just remember that taking your vows at the courthouse won't even come close to taking your vows with your friends and family as witness.

I lost my job in October and have been without insurance since...you're right the Obama stimulus helps but not enough!

Just want to second what some of the ladies have already said. When you leave ROR you will receive a certificate; actually right after the ceremony in our case. I have used it already to change my SS card and health benefits with no problems. I'm sure it will all work out!

Oh I didnt realize that you can use it for the SS card! Damn, if I had known I woulda gone to the SS office on my day off!! Actually I need to wait til I get back from the honeymoon, but thats really good to know!

Update:

So my fiance got laid off a week and a half ago. I was so overwhelmed at first. My initial reaction was to go to the courthouse the next day to get a marriage license. Then I thought about it and if my family isn't going to be able to make it to Jamaica and we are getting married at the courthouse, why not take a long weekend and go to where my family is and get married in front of them. So that is what we are going to do.

They say everything happens for a reason and I do believe it does. My mom and I are very close and she was so upset that she wasn't going to be able to see me get married. Everytime we talked about wedding realted stuff as it got closer she couldn't help but cry. Now that we are getting married n NC where she lives, she is so excited and so am I.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your kind words. I feel pretty lucky. I get to marry the man of my dreams in 1 week in front of my family. Plus not too many people can say they are having 2 destination weddings.

Since the NC wedding is family only, we will renew our vows in Jamaica in front of our friends.

That sounds so fun! Hey, you get to wear your dress twice! Both his Mom and my Mom can't travel due to health reasons. It is a little sad not getting married in front of them. In the end, things happen for a reason, and now you get to celebrate twice! Congratulations, and I hope you have two beautiful wedding days!