Alright I need to ask for my FI. Doing a TTD and TTS :) session does it take a toll on linen suits. He purchased an expensive Calvin Klein suit and does not want to ruin it. I really want to do TTD but if his suit would get ruined I wont get to sad.gif. Anyone experienced a ruined suithuh.gif

My DH didn't want to ruin his suit either...we did some TTD shots just walking around town, which he wore the suit for but then he just wore khaki shorts for the pool and beach stuff which honestly I was fine with...I was the one we was way more excited about the TTD...so my DH just went along with it pretty much because I wanted to do it, so I didn't really care if he had on a suit.

I did buy him a linen shirt at Kohl's to wear but as we were getting ready I told him to put it on...he looked at me and goes "why would I wear a shirt in the pool?!" aye yi yi! smile105.gif I don't think he really understood the whole TTD thing at all...so I let it go and just let him wear the shorts...

Is it 100% silk? FI had a custom silk/cotton/poly blend suit made and did not want to wear it in the pool and ocean.

He did and it was fine. He just left for work today wearing his suit!

Kelly (KLC77) had her husband in a white (linen?) shirt & faded jeans - it looked awesome!!! Maybe you could do that!!! Or like Andi said - just shorts and a white shirt (or no shirt!). Its up to you girl!!

I never thought of buying something cheaper like Old Navy, DUHdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gif

I am WAY more excited then he is. He just doesn't get it. O'well if I can find something else he could wear I am hoping he will be ok with it!

You ladies are the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyR View Post
Is it 100% silk? FI had a custom silk/cotton/poly blend suit made and did not want to wear it in the pool and ocean.

He did and it was fine. He just left for work today wearing his suit!
No its 100% linen I just checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubadiva View Post
I never thought of buying something cheaper like Old Navy, DUHdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gif
I am WAY more excited then he is. He just doesn't get it. O'well if I can find something else he could wear I am hoping he will be ok with it!

You ladies are the best!
LOL I do this all the time!!! We're leavin in 2 months and I freak out about something and one of the girls easily brings something up and I just feel like "Geez, I'm dumb!"

Maybe you could go try to find a cheap suit that looks similar to his at a department store on sale or try somewhere like Marshalls, Ross Dress-For-Less, etc. (or somewhere cheaper like that in your area) just for the TTD shots?

Oh, and did you consider trying eBay? That is where I found my TTD gown for only $75, and I feel like it was a good way to save money and feel totally comfortable "trashing it", rather than using my actual wedding dress, which I'd like to have preserved.

Otherwise, I think the other suggestions to find an inexpensive linen shirt and maybe some khakis or a faded pair of jeans would look amazing in your TTD pics -- I agree with BachataBride...Kelly's pic of she and her husband in her siggy look incredible! My FI will be doing something similar/more casual, since his mom is having his suit for the wedding custom made as a gift for him, and he doesn't feel like it's "right" to roll around in the sand and ocean in it! :)

I agree with some of the comments already posted. I am much more into the idea of a TTD session than my FI. And, he really doesn't want to ruin his wedding pants/shirt. And, a colleague of mine said there is a risk given they are 100% linen that the material and the ocean may not be the best combination. So, I just went out last night and bought him another pants/shirt at Kohls. This way he has an alternative if he wants.