FI strange request

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 NaM

• 2,256 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:31 PM

So my FI has been the typical guy through the planning stages...pretty much just going along with everything I like and making his best attempt to be excited about wedding planning.
    We started talking about our cake topper the other day. I just wanted to go with something simple...our initials maybe? Maybe even just flowers And he wanted this:

It's not totally random...his last name (and my future name) is Moose so there is a pun there. But I don't know if I want to give in to his one request when it's to have Moose on our wedding cake haha.
    Ah, who knows it might be cute.
    Any ideas/suggestions!?!?

#2 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,369 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:35 PM

Aww i actually think its a REALLY cute idea!! Esp since your last name is Moose

#3 McToasty

• 170 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

i think it's cute tooooo! hehe. i think you guys should totally do it. it's a lot more unique than initials!

#4 boscobel

• VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:37 PM

I think it's cute too!

#5 jajajaja

• VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:40 PM

I think it's really cute too! plus you want your FI to feel somewhat included in the planning- you know since it's his wedding too (kinda ). Although it's not typical or traditional I think it will be a great conversation piece and a bit of surprise. Plus no one cares too much about the cake so do it!
            Happily married since 2008

#6 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,369 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:41 PM

PS - we are having pig cake toppers since our original wedding got cancelled due to the swine flu. I think its a great place to add a little fun!

#7 inunez

• 172 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:45 PM

i think it's cute! my FI wants to have 2 cake toppers. one that we are borrowing from a friend which has the bride dragging the groom on the flower with their weddign attire. i'm fine with that. i think it speaks to our personality as a couple. the other he wants is of star wars - darth vater and princess leia i think. i don't know if i want to give into that one or where i can even find it!

#8 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

Super funny ! love it !

#9 Geralyn

• 2,677 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:53 PM

I think it is really cute!! You want to let FI feel included on the planning and it really is a great idea!

#10 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

really cute!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users