• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 GregsBride

GregsBride
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by claire.cw.watson
    Hey! The lanterns are great. I'm using them for my wedding. I checked with the airlines and you can take them on the plane as they do not have liquid in them. You have to take them in your hold, not hand luggage. This info is from the website Im getting mine:
    (I do not agree that they are safe for children)

WISH LANTERNS are fully biodegradable, non-flammable and safe and easy to use, and create an amazing visual effect that adds enjoyment and wonder to any special occasion.

All you have to do is light the fuel cell and gaze as the Wish Lantern floats up to the skies. Using the power of fire, the WISH LANTERN will be in the air for about 12 minutes and go up over a mile in the air.

WISH LANTERNS stand 108cm tall and 66cm wide at its widest point. After release and flight, the Wish Lantern will self-extinguish and float gently to the ground.

You can get smaller ones.
    Thanks for the info!! Where do you get the smaller ones?
    ~Christina

#22 GregsBride

GregsBride
    • 333 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

I can't see my last post
      ~Christina

#23 claire.cw.watson

claire.cw.watson
      • 55 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:51 PM

Have a look at this site Products - Our portfolio of quality sky lanterns

They have lots of different shapes and sizes and you can also customize them.

Hope this helps.

#24 claire.cw.watson

claire.cw.watson
        • 55 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by GregsBride
          I can't see my last post

Well I can see it, thats why I sent you the above link my dear.
          That happened to me the other day, I posted things but couldnt see them.

#25 GregsBride

GregsBride
          • 333 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by claire.cw.watson
            Have a look at this site Products - Our portfolio of quality sky lanterns

They have lots of different shapes and sizes and you can also customize them.

Hope this helps.
            This is fantastic!! Thanks again for your help
            ~Christina

#26 beachgirl@heart

beachgirl@heart
            • 42 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:43 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by endlesslove
              We're going to be shipping ours to Mexico. We just got the ok from our resort.
              Hello! I'm getting married at ERC, too, and I'm considering doing this since they won't allow fireworks ("green" rules). Where are you ordering yours from? The only site I've found that seems reasonable/legit is WishLantern.com: Bring Wedding Events to life and light up the sky.

#27 GregsBride

GregsBride
              • 333 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:41 PM

I am most likely going to use the site claire.cw.watson posted above. They seem to have a large selection, their prices are pretty reasonable and I can pay using my Paypal account.
                ~Christina

#28 linzangel

linzangel
                • 217 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

What an AWESOME idea...your guests will totally remember that...I really want to do this!

#29 uspoiledme

uspoiledme
                  • 167 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:44 PM

I loved the idea of doing this too, but forgot all about it until I saw this post. Thanks for all the info.!

#30 roo66

roo66
                    • 1,001 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:41 AM

Girls last night just before bed i found this post and was like im getting them for our wedding.This morning i got up and whilst drinking a cup of tea i was reading yesterdays paper.A couple in Germany caused £250,00 worth of damage to nearby homes because of the lanterns.I wonder now if this is quite probable with the wind blowing off the sea and potentially causing fire to the thatch roofs etc.How about doing the ones that float on the ocean i think this will be the way we go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users