• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 featherchick

featherchick
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by egsarah
    Welcome and Congratulations!! Good choice on the resort I'll be getting married there about a month before you!

Good luck with the planning.
    Oh wow that's great maybe we can exchange tips. Are you doing one of the packages or doing something custom?

#12 hbsbride

hbsbride
    • 331 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:54 AM

Welcome to the forum!

#13 featherchick

featherchick
      • 21 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:06 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MissyR
        Congrats and Welcome! Check out the Paradisus thread too - lots of great info!
        I've been reading through the Paradisus thread and I've found it to be very helpful... but honestly its making me very nervous about my choice, it seems like they try to take advantage of brides with all of these hidden costs and I think that is really worrisome. How did everything turn out for you? Were you happy with your choice in the end? (As I see you already had your wedding)

#14 michellepicksbrent

michellepicksbrent
        • 1,448 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:53 PM

Welcome to the forum Lacie! Good luck and happy planning!

#15 MissyR

MissyR
          • 1,210 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:30 AM

[QUOTE=featherchick;813012]I've been reading through the Paradisus thread and I've found it to be very helpful... but honestly its making me very nervous about my choice, it seems like they try to take advantage of brides with all of these hidden costs and I think that is really worrisome. How did everything turn out for you? Were you happy with your choice in the end? (As I see you already had your wedding)[/QUOT

My wedding was unbelievable - I don't regret one thing and cannot imagine having made any other choice. Any resort you pick will have a range of pricing - it's really what's comfortable for you. A private, sit down dinner is going to be more virtually every place you look.

Many brides on here have had amazing weddings from budgets of 2000 to 20,000 - again - often it's all about the extras you choose.

#16 featherchick

featherchick
            • 21 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=MissyR;813734]
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by featherchick
              I've been reading through the Paradisus thread and I've found it to be very helpful... but honestly its making me very nervous about my choice, it seems like they try to take advantage of brides with all of these hidden costs and I think that is really worrisome. How did everything turn out for you? Were you happy with your choice in the end? (As I see you already had your wedding)[/QUOT

My wedding was unbelievable - I don't regret one thing and cannot imagine having made any other choice. Any resort you pick will have a range of pricing - it's really what's comfortable for you. A private, sit down dinner is going to be more virtually every place you look.

Many brides on here have had amazing weddings from budgets of 2000 to 20,000 - again - often it's all about the extras you choose.
              I have budgeted about $10,000 for the wedding and reception. Is that unrealistic?

#17 KLC77

KLC77
              • 2,207 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. You will love Paradisus! You are getting married one day before our anniversary. :) Its a great time of year to be married there.
                ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#18 featherchick

featherchick
                • 21 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:14 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KLC77
                  Congrats and welcome to the forum. You will love Paradisus! You are getting married one day before our anniversary. :) Its a great time of year to be married there.
                  Yeah I'm excited! We could only have the wedding this winter or have to wait until next August, and I just didn't want to wait that long, plus I know that August is hurricane season, so I think it will be nice.

#19 ktchi

ktchi
                  • 220 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:51 PM

Welcome. We are also thinking of the Paradisus for next year. I would love to hear as you start planning.

#20 jk1101

jk1101
                    • 2,582 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:05 PM

Congratulations and Welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users