Photo

Timeline/plan for ahr

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 amandi

amandi
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:54 PM

I'm trying to figure out what the night should look like. We have already booked a hall and a friend on the family will be doing music for dancing after dinner. Our contact at the hall recomended everyone arrive for 5:30pm then eat at 6 but that seems a little early to me and I'm wondering what to do the rest of the night? I'd love to hear how other people are organizing the evening/night?

#2 inunez

inunez
    • 172 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:25 PM

it depends on what exactly you want. for us it's just a welcome back home party. so we are treating it as such. if you are doing a reception - then you should plan it out a little bit more traditional. like a wedding reception. but all this depends on what you and your FI want. there are many people on here that are doing a BBQ and other who are doing a full on wedding reception.

#3 blushingbride

blushingbride
      • 366 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:14 PM

Are you having a more formal AHR? If so, then it could follow the traditional reception timeline. We are looking to have an informal, BBQ celebration when we get back and do not have a timeline necessarily.

#4 happygilmore

happygilmore
        • 576 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

We're doing 5:00-5:45 apps and everyone arrives
          6:00-7:00 is dinner
          7:00-7:15 is "first dance" cutting of the cake
          7:15-7:30 is thank-you's to family members and everyone for coming
          7:30-10:00 drinking and dancing!

We are going to be there when everyone is arriving (no formal entrance) but we'll be in our wedding gear to get pics done with family/friends who coudln't make it!

#5 shellk

shellk
          • 1,784 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

i say you do what you want to do its your party.we have booked a room with disco and are having a mexico themed buffet+party with somberos,maracas etc etc.i want to get some large like cactus plant stand up boards and mexican ladies for photos.and of course a shot of tequilla for the toast.sounds cheesy but we are trying to go for the fun factor.when we serve the food we will play our dvd of the ceremony in the background

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users